Making a Turkey Call

AZHUNTER/FISHER

I was wondering if anyone in this forum makes there own calls. I'm thinking about it but not sure if I should start with a slate or box call. But im kinda leaning towards making a slate call. If anyone is interested I have a couple of links to some sites on how to make them just email me at [email protected]

You have mail!!!
smile.gif

Thanks guy's..
I will be looking into that..
Ithica, I had heard of making one out of a wingbone, but haven't found the way to make it happen, I will save these and when I get my next turkey will for sure be building one...
Thanks for the sites!!!
smile.gif

I made my first box call this past winter and used it in the field during the spring hunt. I actually just bought a kit of off ebay. Have any of you looked at some of the custom turkey calls for sale on there? I could go broke!!

Todd

I just tried my hand at making a wingbone call today, matter of fact, I made two. I had done some horse trading to get one for a pattern, mine turned out better than the one I traded for. Jesseshuntingpage, is the source I used for tips on making them. I bleached mine a little longer than he calls for and they came out looking like ivory. Very anxious to try em next year on a longbeard. They sound pretty good too. On Jesse's page, he says hens wing bones make the best call, because the bones are smaller and thinner walls. Made mine from a jake a friend got. If you try it, gotta have a Dremel tool, makes short work of the fitting of the bones together. Good luck

Stay calm and pick a spot

Back