Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Major #*^@#* ups

If we are talking about major goof-ups.......

20231117_070628.jpg

This was last Friday. 4:00 or so in the morning, 43 degrees, but that spot is shaded all day, and there was a 200 yd stretch of icy road. Trooper said it was the only icy spot he saw on his way up, but you could have fallen on your rear right next to the vehicle.

Then I called my insurance company and found out that I had not communicated clearly enough that I wanted collision insurance on this one. I remember the conversation, and it was my fault, not theirs. Kinda stings......

But neither of us were hurt, so really we were lucky.

Dang!! Glad you're ok!
Me too. The first thing I asked my buddy was if he was OK, and it was a huge relief to find out he was.

Neither of us were wearing seatbelts. I wear mine fairly religiously, but I guess it was a combination of early morning and just getting a bit lazy. There's a lesson there. I came into that corner at maybe 40 mph, and it still could have messed us up pretty bad.

On the other side of the road is a 20' drop into an icy river. I try not to think about that.

If we are talking about major goof-ups.......

View attachment 302546

This was last Friday. 4:00 or so in the morning, 43 degrees, but that spot is shaded all day, and there was a 200 yd stretch of icy road. Trooper said it was the only icy spot he saw on his way up, but you could have fallen on your rear right next to the vehicle.

Then I called my insurance company and found out that I had not communicated clearly enough that I wanted collision insurance on this one. I remember the conversation, and it was my fault, not theirs. Kinda stings......

But neither of us were hurt, so really we were lucky.
You can probably still sell it for more than a new one because it's a Toyota.

Back