Caribou Gear

Made in the U.S.A.

I like the Made In USA rifle thread for Independence Day. ... (y)

Winchester M70 featherweight 300wsm, South Carolina build (2008), Leupold VX-3i, Talley lightweights....made in USA 🇺🇸
20200703_141250.jpg

I'm a SC native so couldn't pass up the chance for a SC model 70...

Happy Fourth of July!! 🇺🇸

Does assembled in the USA with parts made in other countries count as "made in the USA"?

ClearCreek

Rethreading what? mtmuley
The barrel to the action. The barrel is often very crooked in the stock - I’ve seen it myself on a couple - and feedback from others is they needed to have the barrel rethreaded onto the action. I just needed mine bedded.

How about a nice Cooper? I've been lusting for one for a while. With a Nightforce sitting in Talleys you'd have a pretty sweet all-American setup.

The barrel to the action. The barrel is often very crooked in the stock - I’ve seen it myself on a couple - and feedback from others is they needed to have the barrel rethreaded onto the action. I just needed mine bedded.
"Re-threading" a barrel won't fix that. mtmuley

Are you sure the barrel is "very crooked in the stock" or is the barrel straight and the stock a little "crooked"?

ClearCreek

Are you sure the barrel is "very crooked in the stock" or is the barrel straight and the stock a little "crooked"?

ClearCreek

I have two Christensen Ridgelines in 300wm, fantastic rifles that just flat work and carry perfectly in the field. Some Talley rings and Leupy and you're good to go.

I guess I’ve just been lucky with the 5 Remingtons that I’ve bought. Lol

The Remington 30-06 Model 70 CDL is what I got now. I want to get me a Win Mag 7mm next. EDIT: Ooops CDL not BDL

Last edited:
Leupold

setting on top of either a

weatherby

or a

PRE 64 Model 70 Winchester. There are still some nice ones out there. My son recently bid on one but did not get it. However it was a 270. But there was a nice 7mm for sale when he was looking

For ultra light hunting rifle, my Forbes 24B in 280 Rem.
Numerous Savage rifles. 2 Ruger 77s.
My Stevens 200 has been rebarreled to 250 Savage using E.R. Shaw (just below Pittsburgh, PA.).
All but the Rugers have EGW bases.

There are many USA companies to use for rifle builds.
Optics, not so much.

Problem with Made in America is that I don't believe the quality goes up but the price sure does. If I could only get made in America rifle's I'd have all Mossberg's and Savage's. Made in America is way over done IMHO. If on the other hand you have to much money to spend on a rifle, go for it Have to do something with all that excess money! I believe all my rifle's actually are made in America but I have had a few made out of the country. Several Sako's I got from the rod and gun club when stationed in Germany, as I recall they were $90 each. Couple Mk X Mauser's, Parker Hale's. Weatherby were made in Belgium for a long time I believe and today in Japan. Tikka's have a huge following but I've never seen one, not made in America! I like to think that how the gun works is more important that fit and finish. Of course accuracy come's in also and for a couple grand you can get a beautiful Made in America rifle that will shoot 1" group's right out of the bot. I've read Tikkas do the same thing! Shoot I have two Mossberg Patriot's that do the same!

I strongly suspect that a lot of guy's claiming, Buy American Made, shop at the Walmart!

Back