Caribou Gear

Mackinac Island

cwitherow

Me and my fiancé finally chose a honeymoon destination after our wedding this summer. We will be driving up and spending a few nights on Mackinac Island. Any recommendations on food and/or activities? We (I) also want to go on a fishing charter, so any recommendations for that are also appreciated.

make your wife ride on the front of the tandem bikes. Otherwise they stop pedaling suddenly at every hill. The fort on the island is pretty cool and the views from top are nice. Kingston Kitchen was very good, and Scoopes after for ice cream! I would try to get in one of the small Inns to get the full experience, They usually have good food. Gotta book early tho, they fill up fast. Also some good fishing on most of the little piers around the island if you can still get on them. Its been many years since I've been there. O 'Reilly's Irish Pub in Mackinac city was one of our favorite spots for good food.

My wife and I went there for our honey moon as well. Have fun.

Awesome SM bass fishing in Traverse bay, Burt/Mullet lake, Lake Charlevoix, Jordan river you could do a fly fishing trip.

Its a little ways away but pictured rocks national lake shore is cool spot to check out.

Mackinac Island doesn't do much for me, kinda tourist trappy. Lots of neat sights to see in that area along Lake Michigan from Traverse City, clear up to the bridge. You won't have any trouble finding a good restaurant, there are many in TC, Charlevoix, Petoskey and many of the little towns between. Fish with Jim Charters is a reliable outfit for a day of fishing, they fish the big lake as well as many inland lakes.

Stay at the hotel on the island, take the plane over, and bring a sweet tooth. It’s a tourist trap but a fun one for the day. Get out and see what else there is in the UP. Oswald’s is a good day trip from there. Take a pocket full of Cheerios or Fruit Loops. Those bears will find every one you toss no matter where or how many. Fun times..

Stop on the troll side of the Mackinac Bridge, walk under it and enjoy a bridge view from the shoreline. As you drive across the bridge, drive on the green grates then roll your window down and look at the water below….just kidding…maybe😳 Ride bikes around the Island, visit Fort Mackinac, walk downtown and drink some brews, eat fudge, and take a horse and buggy ride. Lots of history.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HUNT7503
Back