M77 Trigger job ?

Gunner46

Bang For The Buck ?

Would I be better off to have 'My Guy' do a smooth & lube' on the trigger, buy a Timney, or do a UTube DIY ?

I'm getting "Yep, go hunt" groups, depending on me and the conditions, but I'm inconsistent on the consistency...

If it's the tang safety model, your smith is your only option now, unless you can find an old Timney. If it's the Mark II, then I'd go Timney.

I had a smith work mine over and it turned out good, not great. My brother had a different smith do his and it turned out great. I think there's pretty good potential in the factory triggers.

For hunting purposes any factory trigger that can be made to break clean at 3-4lbs is more than adequate in my experience. Having said that take it to a smith and have him tune it.

I smoothed my own, and installed new set of Wolfe springs. The springs alone were a big help.
If you don't know what you are doing, take it to a smith!!!

my brother-in-law is a smith, for the 2 rugers he did for me he just worked the factory trigger. I'm not sure about the timney triggers but he told me he likes the simplicity of the ruger trigger, he figures less parts should = more reliability

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Live2huntelk
Back