PEAX Equipment

Luxe Hot Tents

J.Valen

Hey all! Just wanted to share my recent experience with Luxe. They’ve been running a “sale” for quite some time now (though personally I think they just advertise that and are selling them at that price regardless 🤷🏽‍♂️) on their hot tent setups. I purchased their 3 person tent and the stove (pictured below) back in June. Well here we are in the middle of August and it just arrived.
The stove seems to be working well, I still have yet to set the tent up.
If you’re needing a hot tent setup for this year I definitely wouldn’t recommend going thru these guys.. if you’re looking for a budget friendly setup and are okay with having no idea when your package will arrive… Luxe is for you!! Don’t expect anything in regards to something resembling customer service… they only will communicate with you via email and even that feels very similar to talking to an AI interface designed for Windows 95. Social media?? Their biggest presence is Instagram in which they have disabled/limited the commenting function on all their posts. 🤔 I guess it makes sense, I would have left some scathing comments during the two damn months I waited for my purchase to arrive.

Wanted to share as a sort of Hunttalk Service Announcement as y’all are some neat folks and I’d like you to know what you’re getting into choosing to business with these folks at Luxe.

Attachments

• 4EF8E0BB-C3AB-46E8-BB88-39BDEF1685E0.jpeg
    4EF8E0BB-C3AB-46E8-BB88-39BDEF1685E0.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 52
Reactions: JAG
I've a Luxe a couple of years. Got it it cause Mountain Hyper lite is a bit small for two big dudes. Mine was sent with silicone to seal the seams. Did all that. Had some leak issues when wet out. Doubled down & waterproofed again. This year winds knocked us flat twice. Carbon fiber poles snapped in high wind. Not Luxe poles. repaired. Second wind storm the repaired-poles held, but burst the seam at the top of the tent. IMG_8658.JPG
Pole can be seen, punched through tent. Stitch failed, pole punched through, in high wind.
Like this tent, but it's for more fair weather.

Same issue. I ordered a stove through them on sale. Ordered in early June and just got it this week, two months later. Not a huge deal since I won't need it until October/November but still annoying. I'm not sure whey they have these sales when they can't keep up with demand as it is. horrible business.

Yep …been there too. Took months to get my stove and no response at all from customer service if you want to take the liberty to call it that. Several emails and calls with no response. Stove is nice though…

I have a hard time believing that Luxe doesn't see everyone bashing their customer service. They fill a niche on backpacking tipis at a reasonable price and could be a great product for a lot of people, but they seem to be blowing it. I have a luxe stove and tent, never had any issues with the product or the company, but it's hard to ignore all the reviews.

I ordered the 1P tent back in late spring and after not hearing back from them for a couple weeks I had my credit card company cancel the payment. Luckily my CC has 500x the customer service of luxe.
I did receive an email from them after I MF'd them over voicemail that referred me to their terms and conditions page on their website. Pretty sketchy/sh*tty when you read it. Basically gives them 1 year to fulfill your order before they are considered negligent or at fault. I'm not sure if other compaies have the same type of language in their terms but luxe sure seems push that as far as they can.
Sh*t company with sh*t customer service.

Yikes, glad to read this. Literally days away from buying one of these. Guess not!

On a side note, I wonder how well the OneTigris tents hold up. They seem to be similar.

I realized immediately after posting the thread that I was in the wrong section, thanks for hearing with me.
Yeah I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone, and post hunting season I’ll likely be spreading the word more vehemently throughout social media. I was convinced they only replied to my emails because they saw me commenting on the peoples posts that they were sharing to their story.

I would never buy something made in china if I could get something better that is made in USA. Some things I might not have a choice but in this case it just makes no sense. Thanks for the psa, I already knew this company and their products are shit.

I would never buy something made in china if I could get something better that is made in USA. Some things I might not have a choice but in this case it just makes no sense. Thanks for the psa, I already knew this company and their products are shit.
Yeah.. I was new to the hot tent market and really should have done a bit more research before making the purchase. Wanted to share to save others from my mistake. Next tent will be from Seek Outside.

Five years later, still a fan of my Seek Outside Cimarron w/stove. Looks cool too.
Have the Cimarron and Seek Outside's customer service is top notch. I ordered the tent in one color and they called me and asked if I would rather have the color in stock rather than waiting for the other to be available to be shipped a month later than their in stock tents. They are more expensive than some other companies but the service is great and they are made here at home as well.

I'll never figure out how you guys sleep on the ground without having a floor in those tipi's. All of my shit would be covered in pine needles/grass/mud and be wet in the first night of a light rain. Whatever works for you but I don't do tents without floors.

I'll never figure out how you guys sleep on the ground without having a floor in those tipi's. All of my shit would be covered in pine needles/grass/mud and be wet in the first night of a light rain. Whatever works for you but I don't do tents without floors.
My assumption is most will have a mesh insert the size of a one man tent or a foot print. Or a foldable/packable cot.

You can also get a nest which is a floor and mesh to keep the bugs out and just a liner that makes the tent a double walled tent with a floor. If you have the nest you won't be able to use a hot stove without modifying the nest.

Man this thread is just no bueno, they must of took a real turn for the worst when i bought mine and accessories have never had an issue. That's too bad.

*referring to the river of rain that would be flowing through my tent….and don’t tell me that doesn’t happen lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back