Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Luckiest Guy EVER!

hey guys....well I figured I should refresh this thread a bit and see if I can keep the streak alive and deliver on the first of these tags. I am heading out for a long road trip south to NM after work to chase some elk around. Hopeing to make it south of Salt Lake City tonight and then get an early start saturday and pull into camp late afternoon. I'm excited to see this country and chase around the bulls of the Gila! I'll have a trip report full of pictures upon my return!

ps. if anyone knows of a good place to crash for the night around Provo...+/- a couple hundred miles...let me kwow.

You my friend are going to be spending ALLOT of money.... :)

Enjoy !

well, i'm back from the Gila, trying to adjust to "normal" living and get cleaned up from 12 days of elk hunting.

It was a great hunt with a lot of vocal elk.

Country.jpg

The first 5 days of the hunt were cold and rainy...not what I expected for NM, but it got the elk fired up and they were bugling for most of the day.

Fog.jpg

I think i gained about 3 years worth of elk hunting experience during this trip, there were lots of sightings, encounters and stalks.

Spotting Scope Bull.jpg

Passed on a few small bulls and even passed on a couple that were questionable. Had some great encounters and came real close on sealing the deal on a biggun'

Burn Bull.jpg

On the fifth day of the hunt and only 2 days left, i came across this guy and couldn't pass up the 17 yd shot he gave me

Bull1.jpg

It really was a fun hunt and now that I know the area, I hope i can just pull the tag again someday!

Bull 2.jpg

Very nice bull!!! Unbelievable how many big ones are being taken out of the Gila this year... actually all over NM for that matter. Congrats.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back