Lost a Big Boy This Week

Steiny

We've got about 230 acres of pretty prime whitetail habitat at our IN place that we monitor and manage pretty well. Got an unpleasant surprise one morning this week while touring the perimeter. Laying right beside the road at one end was a great big velvet buck with a 50%+ rack developed, freshly hit by a car. He was going to be a big boy, already wider than his ears, 5" brow tines, great mass, and looked like potential for some junk points.

No more trail cam pics of him :cry:

I prefer to not know what the deer looks like until I see it for the first time during hunting season. Fair chase.

Otherwise, it's like a high fence hunt.
Oh for Pete's sake. Equating using trail cams to high fence is just silly.

On topic....dang. That stinks. I always hate to see bucks dead on the side of the road.

I prefer to not know what the deer looks like until I see it for the first time during hunting season. Fair chase.

Otherwise, it's like a high fence hunt.
I have had numerous bucks over the years on camera all summer long never to be seen during hunting season. I like watching them grow and don’t think it’s anything like high fence hunting. The picture is an example of one from last year that we didn’t kill

Attachments

• 9BBA3D1F-D155-4CE2-B181-D3A689952299.jpeg
    9BBA3D1F-D155-4CE2-B181-D3A689952299.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
I bet I scout more than most. I don't need cameras. Why do you think some states are going to outlaw them or already have.

Some take 400yd shots. Some sit in trees over bait. Do as you please because the kill is what's important right?

Go ahead and laugh. I am too.

We've got about 230 acres of pretty prime whitetail habitat at our IN place that we monitor and manage pretty well. Got an unpleasant surprise one morning this week while touring the perimeter. Laying right beside the road at one end was a great big velvet buck with a 50%+ rack developed, freshly hit by a car. He was going to be a big boy, already wider than his ears, 5" brow tines, great mass, and looked like potential for some junk points.

No more trail cam pics of him :cry:

Had this guy by my grove the other day. Also seen another with him the same size.

Resized952021062595194505.jpg

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back