Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Lope mount done

schmalts

This is the NM lope I got this year. Just finished it tonight.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

BTW, is that an old Pacific press? I had a red one stolen out of my shed that my grandpa gave me. Looked like one hell of a sturdy press, better built than you normally get today.but I never got to load a round on it.

BTW, is that an old Pacific press? I had a red one stolen out of my shed that my grandpa gave me. Looked like one hell of a sturdy press, better built than you normally get today.but I never got to load a round on it.

yea, its a super mag model. Never seen one in red though. They are HEAVY duty for sure, and fairly old but I was told back in the day these were top of the line

Nice job. Good looking buck.

What did you take down off the wall to accomodate this guy?

Nice job. Good looking buck.

What did you take down off the wall to accomodate this guy?

Uhmmm, there is a reason why he is still sitting in the vice rather than on the wall. Not decided yet but it will probably be a WT mount. I will keep some of the smaller bucks that I arrowed up there over rifle bucks I guess. I really would have liked to put the Airplane buck up there but enough is enough, i still have to do the AZ muzz deer from last year.

Great buck. I bet it is nice doing your own mounts so you don't have to wait a year to get it back from the taxi.

Turned out very nice, I really like the inside hook his horns have.

Back