Looks like I'll be going back to Iraq..

GilaMonster

Well, I figured after three straight years in Iraq that I was through with it. I guess not. I have about two ore weeks here stateside and then I'll be going back to the Middle East for another year. Oh well, it's a job...

GilaMonster, I appreciate what you and others are doing in defending our country. Good luck on the deployment and we hope to see you back in due time.

Two weeks behind you, what town will you be at?

Gila and Ovis:

Thanks for your service to us all. Our best wishes to you and your families while you are away.

Stay safe and come back soon.

I'm not sure if I will be returning to the same base I spent the past two years at or if they need be elsewhere. I decided to go back for another year after discussing it with my wife over the weekend. No jobs around here that will pay the bills. I came back on R&R but remained on medical leave until now. I actually thought I would get a release from the surgeon today so I could return to work, but he said I needed a couple more weeks before my knee was back close enough to 100%, so I see the doctor again on April 16 and if he releases me then, it will most likely only be a couple of days before I am back on an airplane again. I had planned on quitting once the surgery was complete and finding a job here. The economy here is just too far in the dumper for me to gamble with the job market and I've pretty much depleated most of my funds with the medical expenses that my medical insurance wouldn't cover. It just sucks.

Got it, Nippur....will be flying around overhead. Be safe!

Thanks Big Fin! Wasn't trying to hijack Gila's post.

Best of luck and safty to both of you.
You guys make sure and find a computer, keep us posted from sandland.

Thank God for you guys, and for all our military!!!

This may sound kinda wierd, but I'm actually, just a little, envious of you guys, I was medically discharged a few months after the war started (you feel kinda 'left-out' not getting to do what you're trained for).

What branch-of-service are you guys in?

Again, thanks so much, thanks to all our military, and let us hear from you!!!

990929-F-0073C-001.jpg

Gila... I drew in NM for Oryx Feb '09, I was going to come Bug you and buy you dinner !! So are you going to be back my Next Feb ? Please post when you're back !!!

Be safe guys !!!

I'm with the rest of these guys...

I'm sincerely greatful for your service and proud to know we have good people watching our backs no matter where in the world their at...

Keep your head down and will say a prayer for you guys next time in the lodge... :)

can i go back with ya, i got medically discharged i thought it was for the best i pushed it so i could spend time with my little one but i have seen her a total maybe 7 times....i loved it in iraq...got paid to do what i was trained for i am USMC and US Army approved by the way....a year wasnt enough of the sand....good luck and hope to see ya in 09 hunting somewhere besides the sandbox

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back