Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Looking to fill my General Rifle Elk and Deer tags in Livingston, MT this fall.

Payne21

Hello,

New to this site and new to Park County, Mt. I have been scouting the BC area in PV as well as the WC area north west of Livingston. I have both a General Elk and Deer tag to fill. I have plenty of White Tail experience, but looking to bag my first elk and mule deer. Any tips involving the surrounding area would be great, feel free to PM, looking to meet some like minded people to link up with.

Thank you!

Last edited:
I live in Livingston as well, best part of MT (no offense Glendive).

Lots of opportunities around here, weather plays a big part in it.

Get OnX if you don’t have it, get a membership to the Park County Rod and Gun Club, and hike your ass off, hunting season is just around the corner.

PM me if you’ve got some specific questions about areas, not gonna spill them to the public.

I live in Livingston as well, best part of MT (no offense Glendive).

Lots of opportunities around here, weather plays a big part in it.

Get OnX if you don’t have it, get a membership to the Park County Rod and Gun Club, and hike your ass off, hunting season is just around the corner.

PM me if you’ve got some specific questions about areas, not gonna spill them to the public.
haha, I definitely agree. Fortunately, I have all three things you have mentioned. I think my biggest obstacle being fairly new to the area is not getting caught up in the vastness and being able to hunker down and hone in on one specific spot.

They are where they are and they aint where they aint.

I see plenty of mule deer and elk down in the river bottoms and valleys same as I see them in the back country. I shot my bull 2 seasons ago on a half section of state land just waiting at the back end first light and a friend shot a nice mule deer buck on the same section a few days later doing the same so there is no need to hoof it miles off the road if youre short on time. Just be out often.

Good luck, Livingston is a great town....when the wind isn't blowing. Plenty of good folks around that may give you a hand but don't expect those same folks to point you in the right direction. There are a vast amount of options N,S,E or W of you. My best advise would be to use windshield time and boots on the ground and explore what "The Big Sky" country has to offer. Enjoy the adventure....and celebrate your move from Jersey.

Livingston is a great place, we have always hunted south of there, not north, so I dont have any specific advice to add, just jealous you get to call that beautiful place home.

Get out and start hiking and glassing. Lots of elk in every direction from Livingston. That's first hand info and all I will say.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back