Looking for Partner for 2020 Hunts and Fishing

WyoDoug

I am the type that begins to lay out plans for the following years hunt even while the current hunt is about to go underway. I am in the hunt for at least one hunting partner for the 2020 season for elk, deer and antelope and possibly fishing. Ideally, you would live close to Cheyenne so we can carpool some of the trips. I like to do a lot of solo stalks but find there is a need for someone to help retrieve the game, help set up base camp, and enjoy a lively bullsh*t contest. I am retired military, soon to retire from state government (May 2021) and have my own gear. I am pretty proficient in hunting deer and antelope but still a novice with elk and working hard to improve my skills on approaching and harvesting elk. I butcher my own and would be nice to have someone to help get that done. Saves hundreds in processing fees.

I am also interested in going out for turkey, grouse, rabbits and other game. Big warning though, I snore so you have to learn to tolerate that. Well not all the time but when I do, I really do it well.

My tentative plans is to hunt elk in the Big Horns if I can. Antelope, I got pretty good luck in 34/38 and deer I go for a general where I am hunting at with additional Type 6,7 or 8 doe tags and if I don't fill them archery during the early rifle season, I hunt them locally.

Hey Doug. 1st & foremost....Thank you for your service to our nation.
From one old fart to another I get where you are coming from. I had a long, long time buddy that shared/helped/covered my ass through 20 yrs of whatever.
I can't do anything this year, but maybe we can buddy up for a week, and help each other out next season....

Elk would probably be a 10 day hunt. I want a chance at my bear tag too and there are bears in the Big Horns.

I got one guy plus his dad and brother. I don't count kids so we are looking for 3 more to join our group. Some are mobility impaired so some will need help both in the hunt and retrieving. I am retired military so anyone with military background would fit in nicely. I start planning for 2020 hunt as soon as my 2019 hunt is done. I am going for elk, deer and bear in the Big Horns in 2020 and basic rule for our group is shared gas, groceries and chores. We all work together to pack elk out if we have to. If you are serious contact me so we can begin to talk. We do have a few basic rules for our group but it's all common sense, like hunter safety, respecting property, etc.

Wish I lived closer to you guys so I could offer my assistance but I’m from Pa. I’m no stranger to physically impaired hunters. I’ve hunted with my wheelchair bound buddy since his accident and he has the greatest outlook on life in general. There’s way more to hunting than just killing. Not everyone understands that but it sounds like you guys do and you’re the kind of group I could blend with. Good luck in your quest.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back