Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Looking for mule deer mount ideas.

I definitely agree with choosing the wall and spot first. Then choose the form and position that best highlights your buck and the features you like.
Great buck and congrats man!
This was my last mount and done by a good friend of mine. Semi sneak with an offset not quite 90. 08FE41A2-D4DF-4651-B672-1FFC67C2426A.jpeg

I did my whitetail in A pose that mimics the way he was standing when i got him. Brings back the memory every time i look at him.

Built the post ourselves. Barn boards around a hexagon 2x4 frame, put 4 lag bolts in the bottom of the fencepost, set post in base and fill with sack-crete, added natural rocks and grasses to top of wet crete. We built this to hang a batch of euro mounts on but needed a place to temporarily hang my daughters shoulder mount when it came home from the taxidermist. Now she wants to take my post home :)
MDeer post.JPGMDeer post.JPG

^ Beautiful mount but I am anal about things near doorways... I'd have a hard time with that placement.

ha, me too if I was in there much, It's temporary until she hangs it on her wall. Didn't need another nail in my wall, and it's the door to the spare bathroom in the basement :)

Thanks for all the great ideas and insight!

Still haven't decided what to do but I sincerely appreciate being able to look at all the wonderful options posted here/

Thanks again!

As a taxidermist I’ll second the opinions that said keep in mind where you want to hang it and work with the space you have. Try to have the deer looking toward the center of a room is best also. You don’t want a head turned one way and then end up having to hang it in a corner where it’s looking right at the wall it’s up against. Also IMO you should really avoid straight on mounts, I know several other taxidermist and we all hate doing them, partly it’s because it ends up highlighting anything about the mount thats asymmetrical, and partly because they’re just boring looking.
Ive got a whitetail that’s top 10 archery in the state and it’s just a skull mount currently, he deserves a full floor pedestal complete with habitat but I don’t have room for that so working with my space options for now he’s a skull.
Low ceilings are another factor, full uprights have to be hung much lower on the wall and can get in the way in a small room. I suggest a sneak in those situations, plus I think they look cool. Here is one of my mulies I did in a sneak because when I killed him I lived in a small apartment and it fit my space best, after moving twice since then it served me well because it just so happens to have landed in another room with a low ceiling.E4B59B2A-909A-400B-9550-B465501BD349.jpeg

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back