Caribou Gear Tarp

Looking for Comments on Website Idea

Cornell2012

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone!

As some of you know, I'm Big Fin's (Randy's) son. Unfortunately I'm off at school right now and won't be able to get in on any hunting trips for the next two years or so. Even though I'm 2,000 miles away from home, I still try to help out when I can. This usually consists of checking on the OYOA site to make sure everything is functioning correctly, approving new members, and keeping the Hunt Talk community posted when my dad can't.

Anyhow, I've been thinking about what we can do to improve our current web site and I have an idea that I would like to get some feedback on. Comments, advice, features you would like to see, and criticism are all welcome.

PLEASE NOTE: I HAVE NOT TALKED TO MY DAD ABOUT THIS IDEA AND HE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT IT. THIS IS JUST SOMETHING I THOUGHT OF AND NOT A PLANNED STAGE OF DEVELOPMENT FOR OYOA.
Honestly, I'm not even sure if we have the technology that we would need to make this sort of thing happen, but if the members of Hunt Talk respond well to the idea, I'll try to convince my dad to look into it.

Now, here is my idea:

Every week (or some other regular time frame), oyoa.com would broadcast an episode of On Your Own Adventures on the web site, and along side it would be a chat area. My dad and maybe the hunters of the current episode would be standing by, answering questions submitted by viewers, adding commentary, etc. Afterwards might be another hour or half hour of talking about aspects of the hunt not covered in the episode or maybe just more Q&A. I think maybe we could add in some bonus footage of funny scenes, extra advice for hunting a particular unit/species, or extra footage that didn't make it into the broadcast episode. (My dad always talks about how much the camera guys actually film. This might be a good chance to go a bit more in depth with an OYOA hunt.)

I believe that this is similar to what some sports stations have started doing, so if you have seen those set-ups, they are close to what I'm envisioning.

Also, if anybody has something that they would like to see us add to the web site, feel free to let us know. We're always looking for ways we can improve.

Thanks for the feedback

Matthew Newberg
:D

I think outtakes would be a great idea. I hope you guys put together a DVD with the years episodes with lots of bonus footage.

Definately a Bloopers Episode! Every hunt is or should be filled with laughter and just feeling fortunate about being with special friends and sharing hunts. Like you said a brief discussion about the hunt, logistics, the Wall that they hit on some of the more trying hunts and what it took to overcome that wall of adversity. Study hard! John

Back