PEAX Equipment

Look who’s picture I saw at Sportsman’s

I take it to the range to sight in at 200 yards. It goes from a 2 inch target to a 8 inch.

I don’t know if I follow what you are saying.
I’m guessing you shot a group at 100 that was 2”. Then 8” at 200.
1. 2” at 100 wouldn’t be acceptable...you need to try other ammo or work on your handloads.
2. Groups open up over a given distance....but if all things were the same for the 100 yard group that was 2” then it would be 4” at 200.
so what wasn’t the same at 200? Shooters form? Did the scope take a dump? Were rings and mounts tight?

it’s fine to talk negative about something but atleast have some factual complete data to put with it.

Not a huge fan. Mainly because they don't make a left handed model. I'm not gonna spend any amount of money on a right handed rifle when I can get a left handed rifle for almost the same price. Sure I could shoot a right handed rifle as a lefty but whats the point? I'd do it and have done it with a gun that was given to me, but I'm not spending a pretty penny on a gun that doesn't fit me correctly. It's like having only a right hand and buying a left hand glove. Just doesn't make sense.

Made overseas
Of my "Made in the USA" and "Made in Japan" rifles, which one do you think had the scope mounting holes drilled incorrectly and is noticeably less accurate? Of my "Made in USA" and "Made in Korea" vehicles, which one do you think started rusting through the quarter panels and door edges at 100k?

I don't think location of manufacture is a particularly good indicator of quality anymore.

I take it to the range to sight in at 200 yards. It goes from a 2 inch target to a 8 inch.
I’m assuming your saying it shoots 2” group then opens to 8”?
Are you using a lead sled?
Proven scope?
Sounds more like a scope/mount isssue rather than a bad rifle.

i just bought a Howa kuiu in 308 this spring. It was shooting under 2” at 200 yds with factory Nosler ammo. After I got it all dialed in was feeling pretty good about it and then everything fell apart. Couldn’t hit crap with it. Turns the action screws loosened up after maybe 200 rounds. it was pretty disappointing since and took me awhile to figure out the problem. I wasted a bunch of money in ammo before I found the problem.

You're getting a 8" group at 200 yards? Or, did you have a 2" group at 200 yards and it suddenly is a 8" group? Give us a bit more info and we can probably help you sort it out...or not. Then you can send your rifle back to Howa and they actually will sort it out. I've only had to send one gun back though, and It took forever....

You're getting a 8" group at 200 yards? Or, did you have a 2" group at 200 yards and it suddenly is a 8" group? Give us a bit more info and we can probably help you sort it out...or not. Then you can send your rifle back to Howa and they actually will sort it out. I've only had to send one gun back though, and It took forever....
Starts out at 2 inch then the more I shoot the worse it gets.

I shoot 3 rounds then walk down and check my group. then make an adjustment if needed then 3 more rounds. groups usually get worse after about 10 or 12 shots.

I shoot 3 rounds then walk down and check my group. then make an adjustment if needed then 3 more rounds. groups usually get worse after about 10 or 12 shots.

Shoot 8 shots. Sounds like you maybe flinching.
If your groups are good to start off then open up...it’s not the gun.

I only asked 4.

Good for you. I rank statements “ my gun sights in for shit” up there with questions like “I have “x” points, what unit should I put in for?”

I see a number of questions went unanswered. Tells me the guy either isn’t smart enough to try and take help or doesn’t want it.

Not a huge fan. Mainly because they don't make a left handed model. I'm not gonna spend any amount of money on a right handed rifle when I can get a left handed rifle for almost the same price. Sure I could shoot a right handed rifle as a lefty but whats the point? I'd do it and have done it with a gun that was given to me, but I'm not spending a pretty penny on a gun that doesn't fit me correctly. It's like having only a right hand and buying a left hand glove. Just doesn't make sense.
Buy a left handed gun. No right handed shooter would buy a lefty.....not sure how that makes you "not a fan". If the pants I buy are too short, I don't bash the manufacturer because I bought something too short, I get the right fit. But I am simple that way. I just find what works for me, and buy it.

I have the hipster round, and it works for me (6.5 Creedmoor.) I have shot for many years my father's 1957 .30-06 Model 70 Winchester. Great gun, one I have fond memories using over the seasons. The 6.5 did what it was supposed to do -- so far, I have taken two antelope, one whitetail, a mule deer buck and really nice spring bear. 143 grain Hornady ELD-X, ranges from 125 yards to 408 yards. No issues. But, I am not a full blown gun nut, just a passionate hunter who likes a tool to do the job. So, this hammer pounds nails just fine.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back