Caribou Gear

Long shot, but it's a shot..

Slick

Hey Hunttalkers, I'm in a predicament... of sorts. This past Saturday (8/30) I went down to hike(and scout) the Sphinx with a friend. The weather went sour on us, and the peak got a dusting of snow so we decided to get out of there as there were thunderstorms rolling in. We headed down to Quake lake as that's very familiar stomping grounds for us and decided to stop at the visitor center to glass some goats on the cliffs above it. Long story short. I left my binos at the center, right outside the front door. I've called the visitor center and they didn't find them, nor has the sheriff in West or Virginia City had anybody bring them forward. Maybe, just maybe, I'll be the luckiest fella in the world and a hunt talker happened to be down there and picked them up.

It sucks 'cause elk season is t-minus three days.. and now I'm bino less. If anybody has any information 'bout them just shoot me a PM.

Happy trails (and don't leave your binos laying around- rookie mistake)

That's a bummer that you didn't have them over your neck or shoulders like you normally would. I would think whoever found them would have turned them in right there, so you may want to start looking to replace them ASAP for this season's hunts.

I don't know the value of them but I think your homeowners insurance would cover them less your deductible. I know optics can get pricey pretty quick.

Sorry about your loss.

I wrote my name and phone number on mine. In case a thief has a guilty conscious I guess.

Sorry, but I think we all know you PROBABLY will never see them again. Never got that phone call, did you? Looks like it's time to run out and replace them, and chalk it up to experience and a lesson learned the hard way. Hope they weren't TOO pricey!

name and phone# might not be a bad idea, might add to mine. best of luck in your new purchase

Yeah, I know I'm never seeing them again.. I just hope whomever came across them puts them to good use. It wasn't a pair of swaro or zeiss' but shelling out a few hundred bucks for your own mistake hurts. They were Nikon Monarchs. Lesson learned the hard way, as Dave N said..

Harley, thanks for looking out, but I've already been proactive and think I'm going to pick up a pair of Vortex Talon HD 10x42s as I can get a screaming deal on them. My neighbor was kind enough to lend me an extra pair he had for the opener this weekend. Thanks for your words guys. And good luck to anyone headed to the woods!

Happy Trails!

Double bummer,...you didn't reach the summit.Try as I may, I lose stuff almost every year but fortunately low ticket items.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back