Long Range Hunting

DK27

I came across a YouTube video in which a 12 year old boy shoots a bull elk at 537 yards. They call it long range hunting. I think it's good for a father to take his sons hunting, but I don't think it's good to teach kids that 500+ yard shots are ethical. Or, that getting within 500 yards of an animal constitutes/defines a hunt. For me, hunting is about close encounters

Something tells me that shot would not have been featured on Fresh Tracks

I came across a YouTube video in which a 12 year old boy shoots a bull elk at 537 yards. They call it long range hunting. I think it's good for a father to take his sons hunting, but I don't think it's good to teach kids that 500+ yard shots are ethical. Or, that getting within 500 yards of an animal constitutes/defines a hunt. For me, hunting is about close encounters

Something tells me that shot would not have been featured on Fresh Tracks
537 is a chip shot.

Yeah but just because you are lethal out to 1,000 yards does that mean you should do that? Why is the goal to be as far away from the animal as possible?

If you shoot an elk at 900 yards and don't tell anyone do they take away your flat bill?
giphy.gif

Yeah don't tell the secrets of the second anchor high position with the flat brim angled up really gets you dialed to 120yds

While we are on the topic let’s figure out if woofs kill elk, if they’re native, if bear spray will save you in the wind, of a 6.5 creemoor will kill an elk, if hunters really should vote for democrats, the amount of cooling the earth will experience per dollar taxed, if I should be disappointed the tranny went out on my tundra at 823k miles, and why NR can’t DIY hunt wilderness in WY.

What’d I miss?

Ah... hunting ethics. Damn near as good as politics or religion. While I'm on the subject, how can it unethical to shoot a pheasant on the ground or a swimming duck and yet be the only ethical way to shoot a turkey?
We have to draw a line somewhere, it’s perfectly ethical to shoot ducks on the water. If I can get them to swim close enough for a shot I don’t have to worry about crippling anything! Now how sporting that is may be debatable but they taste the same to me... 🤔

While we are on the topic let’s figure out if woofs kill elk, if they’re native, if bear spray will save you in the wind, of a 6.5 creemoor will kill an elk, if hunters really should vote for democrats, the amount of cooling the earth will experience per dollar taxed, if I should be disappointed the tranny went out on my tundra at 823k miles, and why NR can’t DIY hunt wilderness in WY.

What’d I miss?

Core Lokt's and muzzle brakes, is xxx a good boot, is xxxx a good pack.......

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back