Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Lonbow Bowyer Recommendations

Mike Tomano

Been hunting with recurves & compounds for 40 years. I've shot a lot of longbows, but have always opted for a recurve in trad-gear. Wanting to explore some custom-made longbows and am looking for recommendations. What say you, my fellow old school arrow-flingers?

Happy Huntin'!

Jim Ledergerber of Midland Michigan made me a custom left-handed longbow. Awesome bow. Not sure if he's still making them commercially.

you looking for a straight limb longbow or a more r/d style longbow? I’ve shot both and to me there’s a big difference between the two.
I like the look of the D shape, but r/d is not out of the question, as most seem to be makin' 'em with that design. Looking for craftsmanship and shootabilty.

Herb Meland at Pronghorn Custom Bows makes a nice shooting longbow and a great take down model.
I shoot a Predator Longbow made by Robert Lutkenhaus in Muenster, Tx. It has carbon in the limbs and is a smooth shooting bow.
You'll find there are way to many great bowyers out there to try them all. Have fun in your search.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back