Lonbow Bowyer Recommendations

Mike Tomano

Been hunting with recurves & compounds for 40 years. I've shot a lot of longbows, but have always opted for a recurve in trad-gear. Wanting to explore some custom-made longbows and am looking for recommendations. What say you, my fellow old school arrow-flingers?

Happy Huntin'!

Jim Ledergerber of Midland Michigan made me a custom left-handed longbow. Awesome bow. Not sure if he's still making them commercially.

you looking for a straight limb longbow or a more r/d style longbow? I’ve shot both and to me there’s a big difference between the two.
I like the look of the D shape, but r/d is not out of the question, as most seem to be makin' 'em with that design. Looking for craftsmanship and shootabilty.

Herb Meland at Pronghorn Custom Bows makes a nice shooting longbow and a great take down model.
I shoot a Predator Longbow made by Robert Lutkenhaus in Muenster, Tx. It has carbon in the limbs and is a smooth shooting bow.
You'll find there are way to many great bowyers out there to try them all. Have fun in your search.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back