Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Lockdown Buck

devon deer

Last year I saw this buck hanging around the farm, I first saw it during the rut, so I left it for a few weeks to enjoy the fruits of life;)
So after I went looking for it, they can be notoriously difficult to locate after the rut, but I found him, only problem the back stop was a solar panel field:eek:
Now my friend who owns the land is a tolerant guy, but if I shot a panel I would be on the menu next!
So I left it alone.
Roll forward 8 months and I located him in the woodland, I squeezed a shot through a gap in the trees and the chase was over, he was pretty old, 'going back' as we say, and he was just losing his winter coat.
He was good eating though!
Cheers
Richard
IMG_20200507_204229022.jpg

Last edited:
Beauty, that's the kind of buck I'd like to take one day. What do you use for your euro bleaching. My brother was talking to a game keeper from scotland who used some chemical (not bleach) and said it was the best way to go.
Get yourself over here mate!
I use Truzone 9% 30 vol mixed with climbers chalk, turns into a paste, gets into all the nooks and crannies, I cover in a plastic bag and leave for 24 hours.
It was @mdunc8 off here that told me how to do it.
Cheers
Richard

Last edited:
Get yourself over here mate!
I use Truzone 9% 30 vol mixed with climbers chalk, turns into a paste, gets into all the nooks and crannies, I cover in a plastic bag and leave for 24 hours.
It was @mdunc8 off here that told me how to do it.
Cheers
Richard

Jeez I'd like to, the world is a crazy place at the moment and might stay as such for a while yet!

Not to derail your head but I end up with this type of thing when I use bleach. It's ok, but not near enough to perfect for me.

I'll try your method with a red stag I took this year and see how it goes. Thank you

20200706_230959.jpg20200706_231109.jpg

Very nice! Grats. Interesting antlers! Must make for entertaining rut sparring encounters.

Thanks for sharing.

Those solar panels sure have saved a few deer in your area. ;) Congratulations on a beauty of a roe buck.

Back