Loan for hunting

Yah...if your paying 10, 20, 30, or 200% (insert whatever number) more for things every month. You don't know what your talking about but the government says it's x than it must be x.

I've been around the block often enough to have some skepticism with most everyone's numbers, including my own.
Absent some sort of methodology, yeah, I'm doubting the guy on the street has better numbers than Uncle Sam.

A significant expense for me is the price of diesel. From its peak, it is down over 20%, since June, about a six month period.

Many things go into the CPI, even if all of the backroom calculations were widely published, there would be a similar number of people not believing any number put out by the Feds.

I've been around the block often enough to have some skepticism with most everyone's numbers, including my own.
Absent some sort of methodology, yeah, I'm doubting the guy on the street has better numbers than Uncle Sam.

A significant expense for me is the price of diesel. From its peak, it is down over 20%, since June, about a six month period.

Many things go into the CPI, even if all of the backroom calculations were widely published, there would be a similar number of people not believing any number put out by the Feds.
I don't think he was arguing a particular number just that overall 8.7 isn't very realistic on everyday goods. Anyway not gonna run this any further into the weeds.

Without making this at all political you’re right about the increase I'm sure there are plenty of goods that have gone up 8.7% or less, not sure what they are. But the thought of goods needed to feed, cloth and house a growing family only being 8.7% is laughable at best.
My 2 cents, think about it more as a reference point then as an actual number.

“Normal” inflation, the kind people don’t notice is ~2-3%.

So if that “oh life is good” baseline is 2% then 8.7% is 435% higher than normal 😳.

Gotta remember it’s an aggregated number and some of the things it includes may or may not be relevant to individuals.

Also there are products that have decreased dramatically in price, for instance consumer electronics, a nice TV in 1994 cost like $1000 in todays dollars that’s ~$2000. My 4000k roku 52 inch TV cost $299.

I don't think he was arguing a particular number just that overall 8.7 isn't very realistic on everyday goods. Anyway not gonna run this any further into the weeds.

I think he stated numbers. But I agree we're in the weeds far enough. Happy New Year. Let's hope 2023 is a good one.

My 2 cents, think about it more as a reference point then as an actual number.

“Normal” inflation, the kind people don’t notice is ~2-3%.

So if that “oh life is good” baseline is 2% then 8.7% is 435% higher than normal 😳.

Gotta remember it’s an aggregated number and some of the things it includes may or may not be relevant to individuals.

Also there are products that have decreased dramatically in price, for instance consumer electronics, a nice TV in 1994 cost like $1000 in todays dollars that’s ~$2000. My 4000k roku 52 inch TV cost $299.
Been to the grocery store lately...

Edit- shit I steered right out then right back in the weeds.

Been to the grocery store lately...

Edit- shit I steered right out then right back in the weeds.
My go to bag of coffee seems to be about 435% more than normal ;)

I mean economists were/ are wigging out about 9%, no one is saying this is fine… and in 2018-19 those same economists were saying that the administrations policies were going to set inflation on fire soooo 🤷‍♂️

But yeah I paid $10 for a 12oz redbull and a gallon of washer fluid yesterday coming back from deer hunting 😤🤯

My go to bag of coffee seems to be about 435% more than normal ;)

I mean economists were/ are wigging out about 9%, no one is saying this is fine… and in 2018-19 those same economists were saying that the administrations policies were going to set inflation on fire soooo 🤷‍♂️

But yeah I paid $10 for a 12oz redbull and a gallon of washer fluid yesterday coming back from deer hunting 😤🤯
Wasn't saying who was responsible for the inflation as I feel it was a team effort anyhow. Knew it wouldn't take long for it to go there though..my point being some of the biggest increases are food which is different than a TV since we all gotta eat...meanwhile everything else is up as well.

Wasn't saying who was responsible for the inflation as I feel it was a team effort anyhow. Knew it wouldn't take long for it to go there though..my point being some of the biggest increases are food which is different than a TV since we all gotta eat...meanwhile everything else is up as well.
Absolutely.

I remember a post a while back when someone was saying they couldn’t wait for a recession as it would help with point creep.

I remember reading that and thinking, dude a recession hits and point creep will be the least of your worries.

Absolutely.

I remember a post a while back when someone was saying they couldn’t wait for a recession as it would help with point creep.

I remember reading that and thinking, dude a recession hits and point creep will be the least of your worries.
Heard it about a lot of things "can't wait for it too crash so I can build a house etc..." yah when we're all out of work that should work out well. How soon we forget.

So @Addicting what's the verdict or are you contradicting it more than before you started the thread?

There is no verdict for me, this was just a discussion to flesh out ideas. I would say with no one’s financials the same, a more expensive anything is a financial risk. Wether that be a car, house, boob job, or hunt. The what if something happened tomorrow if I borrow money so I have to save 10 years crowd could get hit by a buss and it’s all a moot point.

For my family, trips and experiences are important. We do several small ones a year. AK is absolutely on the radar for us. More than likely next year to do some fishing while the kids are on summer break.

Can you please call in and pose this question to Dave Ramsey? I would click that YouTube clip so fast…

Dave Ramsey can suck it. I will enjoy life while I have it. Not wait and struggle to hope to enjoy it later. Hope is not a plan…

Saint Peter! Look at all this money I saved and what a good boy I was!
Look at all these hours I spent at my desk!!!
Just playing devils advocate here! In this case it may be Saint Peter look I'm sorry I had hobbies I couldn't control and I'm sorry I left my poor spouse with that silly debt to chase/shoot an animal.

I understand if we are sitting on the funds with nothing better to spend it on, or saved for this purpose. But to even consider going in debt for any trip is a piss poor financial decision. Especially one of this magnitude.

Back