Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Load settled and props to a Montana Gunsmith

Good shooting.
Yeah, sometimes I wonder how well my rifles really shoot, and how my groups would improve with an expert behind the trigger. Like when my professional musician friend comes to my house and grabs my guitar. “What?! Ohhhhh. It can do that?!” It’s a team effort, and am very well aware of the weaker partner.

You need to post a photo of the rifle. It looks as good as it shoots. Coffin did a great job.

NHY, was it load development only, or other accurizing mods?

Dan installed a 26" unbraked Lilja 3 twist 1:10 fluted, Calvin Elite Timney, heavier PTG lug, bedded, trued the action. Karl Kampfeld did the bolt dressing a few years ago when it was a 7 RUM with unacceptable accuracy. Have had the McMillan close to 10 years. The VX5 3x15 is from schmalts, great glass for this combo.

Was getting decent speed and accuracy out of 196 Hammers but should've had Coffin do a Wyatt Box for longer....tried the 181 with appreciable speed gain and accuracy & didn't look back.

chiddy pic...

Yeah, sometimes I wonder how well my rifles really shoot, and how my groups would improve with an expert behind the trigger. Like when my professional musician friend comes to my house and grabs my guitar. “What?! Ohhhhh. It can do that?!” It’s a team effort, and am very well aware of the weaker partner.
Far from expert but fortunate to be able to shoot quite a bit due to loading. Practice is key...need to shoot longer distances than 100 more often.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back