Little things that will piss off the wife

Woke up to perfect hunting conditions on Christmas Day in 2018 for a bedding area stand I’d been wanting to hunt so I went for it and killed a buck I’d been after for four years on public land at 10am that morning. I missed her moms dinner at lunchtime. I got there around 2:30 that afternoon and she was a bit ticked off. Her annoyance didn’t last long, but every Christmas since she’ll ask if I’m going hunting on Christmas morning again!

I got into last night about not paying attention to her parking spot. When there is a lot of fresh oil from a vehicle that didn’t have leaks you need to tell me.

Her response is: Why would I look, it doesn’t leak oil.

My response was until it does and pointed at the foot round puddle of transmission fluid.

Didn’t win any brownie points last night…

Turning on the bedroom light at 3 in the morning getting ready for work. I don't do that anymore.
Yep. Downside of that is half the time I get to work and several hours in I realize my fly is down. Only seems to happen when I get dressed in the dark.

Def the driving…. My wife WILL NOT drive with me in the car as my facial expressions are likely comparable to one who just stepped into a yellow jacket nest 😖. I mean she is so OCD about keeping her car clean that she keeps one of those little microfiber cloths in the door and is constantly wiping the dash with it… CAN YOU JUST DRIVE PLEASE??? Not to mention that I’ve always got some project going around our place and need to grab something at ACE so I tag along (typically dirty) and get the stank eye going to town.

Her other pet peeve (just two?🤔) with me is that when she’s with me and I’m driving a short distance (say from the mailboxes in or in town between stores) I don’t buckle and the alarm chimes drive her crazy. Didn’t help her eye roll much when I offered to cut the belt end off the old ranch truck and just keep it in the seatbelt receiving end if she wanted…I got one of those “THATS NOT THE POINT” lectures …
Google your make and year. I bet there is a hack to shut that chime off. It usually involves buckling and unbuckling in a certain cadence.

Def the driving…. My wife WILL NOT drive with me in the car as my facial expressions are likely comparable to one who just stepped into a yellow jacket nest 😖. I mean she is so OCD about keeping her car clean that she keeps one of those little microfiber cloths in the door and is constantly wiping the dash with it… CAN YOU JUST DRIVE PLEASE??? Not to mention that I’ve always got some project going around our place and need to grab something at ACE so I tag along (typically dirty) and get the stank eye going to town.

Her other pet peeve (just two?🤔) with me is that when she’s with me and I’m driving a short distance (say from the mailboxes in or in town between stores) I don’t buckle and the alarm chimes drive her crazy. Didn’t help her eye roll much when I offered to cut the belt end off the old ranch truck and just keep it in the seatbelt receiving end if she wanted…I got one of those “THATS NOT THE POINT” lectures …

I’m with your wife on this one. Anybody that drives around with seat belt chime going off is a psychopath.

My wife really likes it when I compare her cooking to my Mom’s cooking.
Oh man at the holidays one year some of the food at my moms was cold by the time it all got done. So my step dad says you know my mom never had a problem keeping the food hot. The look on my wife's face was priceless knowing that those two mix like oil and water

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dfair2798
Back