Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Little things that will piss off the wife

For the last week I’ve been dropping subtle hints about heading to Colorado and picking up a 2nd season rifle tag. It was getting close enough I just kinda ran the idea by her. To my surprise she didn’t get mad….. she just looked at me and said. “You’ve spent a month scouting and hunting your elk tag, my moms elk tag, and my sisters cow tag. You still need to help my sister get a cow. You killed an antelope and still need to fill 2 deer tags along with helping me and my family full deer tags, so what do you think?”

Me standing there like this sent her over the top. 34B24C00-A235-4BDF-9FB6-042CB5C26FC2.gif

Seven years into marriage, and it finally clicked a few weeks ago that I was absolutely expecting to hunt almost* every weekend from Oct-Dec... somehow this realization made her LESS mad than she had been while we were arguing about that family event on the archery opener.

"almost" - the word hunters use when we anticipate that emergencies will take up at least one of those precious Saturdays.

Seven years into marriage, and it finally clicked a few weeks ago that I was absolutely expecting to hunt almost* every weekend from Oct-Dec... somehow this realization made her LESS mad than she had been while we were arguing about that family event on the archery opener.

"almost" - the word hunters use when we anticipate that emergencies will take up at least one of those precious Saturdays.
I just got done going to a 50th wedding anniversary party and a wedding on one of my duck hunting weekends. All my wife’s side of the family.
I should be all paid up until New Years now.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomps
Back