Caribou Gear Tarp

linguica

Gunner46

Can't get it here. If it's not Polish, Italian, or Kolabsa it's not available. Tried to order some on-line but that failed bcz UPS required a signature, but I live in a Secure facility and the jerk wouldn't just walk over to the leasing office.

Sooo...my question is can I disguise some Italian sausage to mimic linquica, or do any of you have a down & dirty, get the grinder out recipe for making some?

I'm really Jonsin' for some Portuguese Lasagna ! 😋

As much linguica as I've eaten in my lifetime as a Portuguese kid living in the central valley of California (aka the tri-tip and linguica capital of the u.s.) I don't have a recipe but I too would recommend the Hank shaw recipe. Looking at his ingredients and the way he prepares it will come out with good results. Give an update when you make a batch!

Personally, I think the fennel flavors from the Italian sausage would be too much to overcome. Don't get me wrong, I like fennel, but if the recipe doesn't call for it, it's pretty much impossible to mask.

Linguica is a staple in our house also. Just a thought. Could you ship it to your work address or a friends address near you?
Who did you order it from?

Hank Shaw's recipe looks pretty respectable. I have not tried it yet, though. I agree with @2rocky that the rough chop is essential, so maybe skip the grind step, and chop by hand. I am pretty sure the stuff I have had in the Azores never touched a grinder.

I agree with @drexal that to doctor some Italian sausage will be tough because of the fennel, but some pimentón, garlic and red wine might get you in the right direction. 🤷‍♂️

Also, whom did you order from? If it wasn't buyportguesefood.com they have decent linguiça. It's not quite the real deal, but passable.

I forgot how good linguica was. Every cafe in SLOtown had it on the menu. Fresh of the grills @ farmers market...MMM
Hanks recipe should work,course grind.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back