Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

LilBigGun

Ovis

I know it is way too far away for you to usually consider planning any hunting trips BUT I wanted to throw something out at yah. I have a few people contemplating going right now, but I need someone who is willing to commit.

How would you like to give your 458 some action on the Peninsula this May? I'm looking at doing a brownie hunt. I have the area all selected, I just need to get in touch with the taxi to firm up prices, dates, and the works.

Should cost about $750 per person for the bush taxi, and then toss in a few more hundred for commercial transportation to King Salmon.

I know your itching to get a big brownie, aren't yah? Think about it.

Oh and, we'll go by the rule if you spot it, you get the first opportunity on the shot.

Jim, I would love to but over mothers day I'm going to Tok again for a week or 2 for bears (hope its not so damn hot this time).

Oh and I got rid of my 458, I'm gonna build a different one, now I just gotta deal with rabbit guns (35whelen, 338 and 45/70)
biggrin.gif

Well shucks...Why did you rid yourself of your precious?

I'm probably not going.. BUT sice this thread was to LBG I jsut wanted to Tell ya HI !!!! I haven't gotten to this sectino much since My trip.

Hope all is going good bud !!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ElkGunner:
Ovis,

If you adopt me, does that make me 1st degree kindred???
cool.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the reason I am encouraging my sons to move to Alaska,Montana and or Wyoming.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Joel -

Tok again in May?? You KNOW that we don't have bears here! Don't worry it will be hot. Usually is in late may with all that day light. Don't woory though as the beer is cold at the Lodge!

Did you get a bear last year?? And did you hunt the south road in 12?? Lots of bear there as well as up the Taylor in 20.

Jim - Sounds like a neat trip in the making and it appears as though you didn't get an unfavorable (meaning "can't hunt") deployment.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I haven't gotten to this sectino much since My trip.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You haven't GOTTEN to ANY section much since your trip, cause you haven't been home much since your trip!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>If you adopt me, does that make me 1st degree kindred??? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've tried to adopt before, after the background check it was determined my anticipation for the Olsen twins to turn 18 didn't settle right with the adoption agency, so that won't work.

BUT, I am Mormon, I currently have one wife, so I guess we could....uh elope. That would make us legal BUT then there is that thing with Congress and gay marriages, so that won't work...sorry, nope, can't help yah out...besides, your not my type.
eek.gif

Nut

Hope the plan works out. Check the classifieds in the Alaska paper. There are always tundra-wookies looking for a handsome man. Maybe if the boys took one for the team (spells D.A.D) and they could get past the beauty of an Alaskan woman, you would be set.

John

Good to see you peaking in on us. I was at this are in 2000. I loved this hunt, and look forward to doing it again...may have to by my lonesome if I don't find a partner.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-02-2003 18:43: Message edited by: Ovis ]</font>

John,
I'm not sure if its the south road, but we cross porcupine creek and we stay in a cabin just before you hit the river. We hunt the burn back there and they set up a station on one of the hillsides. Didnt get a bear. Only one of us got one and he got a nice blackie. Then the smoke from all the fires, and the heat so we basically had a 2 week vaction in gods country. Those guys hunt a bait station a little different. They watch the bait from a mile away and when you see a bear you gotta stalk it. It kinda throws a twist into it but man its fun. We gather alot of ice at caribou creek plus stop for a dip.

Jim, I dont know why I got rid of the 458. I know it wasnt what I wanted so I'm gonna build one my way. Damn good rifle though, kinda kicking myself in butt on that one.

Doing good oscar, went to work today and it was -8, I think it warmed up to 0.

Geshhhh A guy Hunts 71 Dyas this year and it's "You haven't GOTTEN to ANY section much since your trip, cause you haven't been home much since your trip!"
wink.gif

Hey LBG, Ask your Wife if there is a Cow 'Bou rack mount done yet
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Back