• Thank you for creating an account on Hunt Talk! We require that all new users contribute at least 10 posts before gaining the ability to start new threads. Once you have made 10 posts, you will be able to start new threads in the forum.

Like Moses, I can turn the sea red too....

schmalts

First hot day, i knew it was going to go down so i called in sick for work "cough cough" and went hunting..... here is the result. Sorry i have no picks of me in it but i was by myself.

Check out the livewell overflow discharge!!

I filled the livewell, then a 50Gal garbage can, and then took my tip off and did some catch and release! I had no place to put anymore! HE HE

D

Dick Reece

So,you know how to cook those ol' carp,don'tcha ?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-16-2003 16:27: Message edited by: Seldom Ever ]</font>

D

Dick Reece

hehehe...here we boil them in a gallon of Jack daniels,then throw the carp away and drink the jack....

mtmiller

Way to go on the carp Schmalts. What did you end up for a total? Biggest fish?

I am planning on getting out this weekend to do some fish stabbing as well. Looks like you have a nice set up. Do you troll around, or just find a good spot and anchor?

I have only shot carp while wading or from the shore. I need to find someone around here with a boat and enjoys the shoot.

Keep up the good work and thanks for the pictures.

schmalts

MtMiller,I never counted. I estimate somewhere around 40-50. I actually blew 2 knocks, snapped a line on one and lost 2 tips. so the last 20 fish i was just using an arrow with no barb so they would just get off, and good thing because i was out of storage area. I had a lot of 20Lb+ fish and thats good for this lake. It would have been nice to lay the out for a picture but i was lazy and rolled the dumpster over to the bout after i got it trailered and asked some guy at the launch to help me dump them in. Man is that gonna smell in a few days...
I love this lake because its real clear and they spawn in sandy/weedy flats. I use the trolling moter on real low speed and keep cutting through the spawning areas. It was real calm today and i could see the whole bay with my polaroids and just looked for the huge dust clouds and headed towards them. They were flopping within a foot of shore too but those are arrow busters!! one rock can kill your tip.
So many shots and never got my double, dammit! I though for sure i would because there were 4-6 together side by side a lot of times.
Saw 2 huge snappers too. one was probably one of the biggest i ever saw. I was looking down at a dust cloud expecting a big carp to pop out and this monster comes out and comes up to the surface to get some air. I took some pics of him too, but they dont do his size justice because there was nothing to compare him too but water. Anyone remember Gamera the Japanese turtle?
I didnt do the Lake Michigan shoot this year, it was too cold and they werent spawning yet. maybe this weekend.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-16-2003 20:35: Message edited by: schmalts ]</font>

ELKCHSR

That looks like it was a great day...
If you have a garden, I know the corn likes to eat carp!!!