Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Lightweight Hoody - Sun Protection

rustednuts

Now that I live in AZ, I'm looking for a very lightweight hoody, mainly to keep the sun off my neck when I'm glassing. Does anybody have any recommendations, nonhunting brands welcome

As we spend a lot of time on the raft/wading/saltwater my family has a crapload of them. Simms Solarflex as above (IME - better fit for more slender folks).

I also have a few Pata Tropic Comforts, a Freefly (bamboo) and a couple of cotton blended ones from Strip'n (when I don't think I'll be getting wet) that all get heavy use (note - Stripn Flywear is run by an interesting guy from Montana - worth checking out and not a name you hear often).

here's a couple of thin, lightweight sun/fishn shirts that I like with hoods;

I picked up a Kings lightweight hoodie at Sportsmans a couple weeks ago in Mesa, I haven’t remembered to wear it on a hot day, but it’s very comfortable. Think I got it for around $20

i dont know if they still make them but i have two cabelas guidewear hoodies that are super lightweight and perfect for the beach, summer fishing, and hot weather in general

I work in these every day.They hold up really well to abuse.

I’ve been using the Sitka core lightweight hoody. On the hot days I just throw it in my pack and when I get to my glassing spots I shed my sweat soaked shirt and hang it to dry while wearing the Sitka hoody. I have been considering getting a sheep tarp to set up under for glassing on those hot days also.

Another option: lightweight merino blend.

Voormi directly sources it’s wool from sheep herds in Colorado. These sheep allotments are in key big horn habitat and the domestic merinos in this herd transmit pathogens to our wild sheep.

Voormi has defended and stood with Colorado Wool Growers association. Sportsmen and women should not support this brand.

Voormi directly sources it’s wool from sheep herds in Colorado. These sheep allotments are in key big horn habitat and the domestic merinos in this herd transmit pathogens to our wild sheep.

Voormi has defended and stood with Colorado Wool Growers association. Sportsmen and women should not support this brand.

Good to know

I wear Columbia upf 50+ hoodies. They're light, comfortable and do a great job of protecting me from the sun.. They're the best value by far. I nearly died from melanoma, so I'm pretty serious about what I wear for sun protection.

Outdoor research has some nice lightweight sun gear, I have a bunch of the shirts that are very nice. They have hoodies as well, haven't tried one of them yet.

Outdoor research has some nice lightweight sun gear, I have a bunch of the shirts that are very nice. They have hoodies as well, haven't tried one of them yet.
If super hot weather, I’ve loved the
Outdoor Research echo shirts. They also make a hoody that’s popular w the thru hiker crowd.

Got mine in tan and last year they had a light green.

Anybody try the arcteryx remige?

I like the Sitka lightweight but the color choices are camo or black

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back