Light cheap accurate rifle

This is a lot of internet snipers telling me what I have isn't a good choice. The man asked for an opinion and I gave one. I know a few of you guys are straight up killers so no need to start a pissing match but I have somewhere between 40 and 80 big game animals dead to leupold scopes along with hundreds of coyotes. I don't recall missing something due to the scope itself.
Why should the average hunter be spending 2x the money for the same results?

This is a lot of internet snipers telling me what I have isn't a good choice. The man asked for an opinion and I gave one. I know a few of you guys are straight up killers so no need to start a pissing match but I have somewhere between 40 and 80 big game animals dead to leupold scopes along with hundreds of coyotes. I don't recall missing something due to the scope itself.
To be clear I have killed a ton with leupys too. However I have had some zero shifts during hard hunts and during rough and tumble rides in the pickup. It may be due to how rough I am on crap. If what you’re doing is working, I wouldn’t change a thing. Now my nightforce just never moves ever. Like drop it out of the pickup. Fall on it hard, etc. I think I could pull my nightforce off the rail, beat the piss out of a grizzly with it, put it back on the gun and it would be still zero’d. It’s crazy. It’s just in a different category of reliability and the trade off is it weighs 2.5 times the leupys. Not knocking the leupys more but we are lying if we say they are as reliable as some of these heavier scopes. They shouldn’t be. Built way lighter. Trade offs

To be clear I have killed a ton with leupys too. However I have had some zero shifts during hard hunts and during rough and tumble rides in the pickup. It may be due to how rough I am on crap. If what you’re doing is working, I wouldn’t change a thing. Now my nightforce just never moves ever. Like drop it out of the pickup. Fall on it hard, etc. I think I could pull my nightforce off the rail, beat the piss out of a grizzly with it, put it back on the gun and it would be still zero’d. It’s crazy. It’s just in a different category of reliability and the trade off is it weighs 2.5 times the leupys. Not knocking the leupys more but we are lying if we say they are as reliable as some of these heavier scopes. They shouldn’t be. Built way lighter. Trade offs
Good point, and don’t get me wrong I’ll own a nightforce or two one day, can’t justify it quite yet, mostly to the wife. Would love to see one tested like that and the results!! Haha

Good point, and don’t get me wrong I’ll own a nightforce or two one day, can’t justify it quite yet, mostly to the wife. Would love to see one tested like that and the results!! Haha

Not taken off the gun and beat a grizzly but they have been dropped hard and passed

I’ve never had a problem with my leoupold scopes. Family has killed a pile of animals with leoupold scoped rifles in the last 10 years including 500 to 700 yard kills.

The self professed expert on Rokslide loves Nightforce (sponsered?) products and posts negative things about most other brands. He has devised a drop test that Nightforce will pass that the others will not, but it is not something most fellows would encounter in the real world. I do like Nightforce, and have one that I use for some purposes. It is a tough tactical type scope that lives up to it's reputation. I also have VX5 and VX6 scopes that do not "wander". Perhaps some of the fellows that claim that all Leupolds are not any good are using some of the less expensive or old scopes and are trying to use them for things for which they were not designed. Some others are just repeating what they read on a board somewhere without any personal experience with the newer products.

The self professed expert on Rokslide loves Nightforce (sponsered?) products and posts negative things about most other brands. He has devised a drop test that Nightforce will pass that the others will not, but it is not something most fellows would encounter in the real world. I do like Nightforce, and have one that I use for some purposes. It is a tough tactical type scope that lives up to it's reputation. I also have VX5 and VX6 scopes that do not "wander". Perhaps some of the fellows that claim that all Leupolds are not any good are using some of the less expensive or old scopes and are trying to use them for things for which they were not designed. Some others are just repeating what they read on a board somewhere without any personal experience with the newer products.

SWFA and Trijicon pass too. But I’m sure that’s a sponsorship thing as well. Everyone is lying about leupold issues to be in the cool crowd. That must be it. I just love wasting money on more expensive and heavier scopes when a cheaper one does just as good of job and is just as reliable. Damnit you’ve caught on.

SWFA and Trijicon pass too. But I’m sure that’s a sponsorship thing as well. Everyone is lying about leupold issues to be in the cool crowd. That must be it. I just love wasting money on more expensive and heavier scopes when a cheaper one does just as good of job and is just as reliable. Damnit you’ve caught on.
Looks like Maven just built a scope that’s going to pass also. Love it.

My dad and I have had a handful of Leupys. The only one that would hold zero was a non-cds early 2000s 4.5-14x50 vx3l. Every single Leup we’ve had after that failed to rtz, or failed to hold zero. I would send them into Scheels and write on the repair form, wont rtz or won’t hold zero. I’d tell my dad, I bet ya money they replace the erector assembly. Scope would come back a few weeks letter with a note that they replaced erector assembly. A couple we sent in multiple times. We’ve sold all except that vx3l, which never gets dialed and honestly doesn’t get used that much. I’ve now switched everything over to swfa 3-9s and 3-15s, and have an extra 3-9 in the safe. Not a single issue in 3 or 4 years since switching.

I feel like I need a Mountain Ops shake just to read some of the stuff on Rokslide. mtmuley

My dad and I have had a handful of Leupys. The only one that would hold zero was a non-cds early 2000s 4.5-14x50 vx3l. Every single Leup we’ve had after that failed to rtz, or failed to hold zero. I would send them into Scheels and write on the repair form, wont rtz or won’t hold zero. I’d tell my dad, I bet ya money they replace the erector assembly. Scope would come back a few weeks letter with a note that they replaced erector assembly. A couple we sent in multiple times. We’ve sold all except that vx3l, which never gets dialed and honestly doesn’t get used that much. I’ve now switched everything over to swfa 3-9s and 3-15s, and have an extra 3-9 in the safe. Not a single issue in 3 or 4 years since switching.

Can’t be. You just read that on another forum and are repeating it

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back