Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Lifetime Licenses

Similar deal here, my son lives in a different state, but I'm probably never leaving GA and I'll definitely never stop hunting... Hoping to buy him one in the next year or two while he's still a young whippersnapper
In Kansas, you must prove current residency in the state to purchase a lifetime fishing, hunting or combo license. Should you continue to live in the state, you continue to get otc deer and turkey permits and can apply for deer, antelope and elk tags in the draw as a resident. Should you move out of state, you can continue to apply in the resident side of the draws. And pay resident prices if you draw a permit.

According to the Kansas application form, someone who purchases a lifetime license must have the current intent to remain in the state.

Copy/paste from the application form:

Resident” means any person (applicant) who has maintained the person’s place of permanent abode in this state for a period of one year immediately preceding the person’s application for a lifetime fishing, hunting, furharvester or combination hunting and fishing license. Domiciliary intent is required to establish that a person is maintaining the person’s place of permanent abode in this state. Applicant must intend to remain a resident of Kansas at the time you submit the application for a lifetime license to have domiciliary intent. Mere ownership of property is not sufficient to establish domiciliary intent. Evidence of domiciliary intent includes, without limitation, the location where the person votes, pays personal income taxes or obtains a driver’s license (this stipulation is also for parents or guardians of applicant where the applicant resides.) The “date of application” is the date the complete and proper application is received by the department at the Pratt Operations Office.
NOTES:
1. Lifetime hunting license holders who hunt migratory game birds (doves, ducks, geese, coots, snipe, rails, gallinules, sandhill crane, and woodcock) will be required to
purchase a Migratory Harvest Information Program (HIP) stamp. HIP stamps may be purchased at any department office, county clerk, or license vendor. HIP stamp
must be carried on their person, either electronically or paper. Paper purchases must be signed in ink before taking or attempting to take migratory game birds.
2. Lifetime hunting license holders, if 16 years of age or older, must have in possession a valid Federal Migratory Bird Hunting and Conservation Stamp (duck stamp),
and a Kansas Waterfowl Habitat Stamp before taking or attempting to take ducks, geese or mergansers. Stamps must be carried on their person, either electronically or paper. Paper purchases must be signed in ink before taking or attempting to take migratory game birds. Traditional Federal duck stamps must be signed, in ink, across the face of the stamp.
3. Lifetime hunting licenses do not include the privilege of hunting big game or wild turkey. A lifetime hunting or combination license holder that leaves the State of Kansas and takes up residency in another state is eligible for small game and upland bird hunting and may apply/purchase a big game permit (deer, antelope, turkey or elk) in Kansas as a resident. Anyone desiring to obtain a special permit for hunting deer, antelope, elk, or wild turkey may have their name placed in a draw, as a resident, by submitting application during the application period with the proper permit fee enclosed.
4. Lifetime fishing licenses do not include the privilege of fishing for trout in designated trout waters. A trout permit is required of all anglers fishing in said waters during trout season.
5. A lifetime license is non-transferable.
6. A person may apply for another person, who is a resident of Kansas, a lifetime hunting or combination hunt/fish license without that person first having been issued
a certificate of competency and safety in the handling of firearms. In addition, a person may apply for another person, who is a resident of Kansas, a lifetime furharvester license without that person first having been issued a furharvester education course. This will allow the purchase of a lifetime license for a person too young to take the hunter education course or the furharvester education course. They must, however, pass the courses before using the license.

In 2006 was fortunate to buy the last real Illinois LL sold for $190. Best investment I ever made. Their liberal taxes finally forced me to join the exodus to NW Indiana in 2019. The public land deer hunting here sucks due to ten+ years of crossgun inclusion, 16 gun rut days, & no hunter quotas. So I have taken full advantage of my IL status. Not only are the IL deer tags a cheap $26, but I get two bucks/year. I also use it for all the R lotteries. The only thing in IN I do is turkey, which is managed great. No special interest group coin in that for legislators to exploit.

The way I read this from CO FW page having a lifetime license from another state you would be applying for, purchasing or accepting a resident license from another state thus making you not a CO resident. View attachment 258592

Edit: While not as clearly define IMO as CO if your residency was reversed and you had a MI lifetime "resident" license you might not be able to claim IN residency either..
View attachment 258621

WIbg, Thanks for pointing this out as the IN reference affects me. The way I interpret this is though that I meet the qualification as no where do I claim Illinois residency. My Indiana residence address is the one recognized and listed with the ILDNR. That is what’s in their records and on the website when I buy my permits. I think INDNR needs to be more specific in their wording.

Back