Lewistown, MT

Fire_9

Anyone on here from Lewistown? Looks like I will be moving that way either the end of this month or early April. Been looking at houses and rentals both and the market is not what I was expecting. Everything is priced a little high if you ask me but it is what it is. If anyone has a lead on a house or rental it would be greatly appreciated!

Other than the housing market it looks like a great area with plenty to do. Looks like there is a great shooting complex and it's hard to beat having the mountains that close to town. Any local attractions or destinations that are a must?

Thanks!

Are you sure its Lewistown, MT? There's a museum and a couple of cool antique stores. There's also a McDonalds...other than that.

There are some nice opportunities for hunting and fishing out there.

If you go into Great Falls there are some cool things. The CM Russell Gallery is cool, there Lewis and Clark Museum will tell you about their journey over the falls at the falls. And don't forget to hit Sonic at happy hour. When you're done just wave goodbye and revisit in a few years. That's what I do anyway.

Full disclosure: I live on the good side of the state, not Lewistown area.

Lewistown is the geographic center of Montana and also a hub for exploration of many, many great places. I envy you as I have always loved the area around Lewistown. Hunting, fishing, camping, sight-seeing, seeing historical spots are all easy from Lewistown. Don't forget to book reservations and enjoy an adventure on the Charlie Russell Chew-Choo!

406life
I live on "This" side of Lewistown.
Great little town.
You forgot the http://www.montanadinnertrain.com/
CHARLIE RUSSELL CHEW CHOO! the dinner train.
http://www.lewistownchokecherry.com/
Lewistown Chokecherry Festival.
It is also the county seat Of Fergus county if that makes a difference.
100 miles west is Great Falls with most every thing that's you may want in Mt.
100 Miles south is Billings the states Biggest town.
Fort Peck reservoir is to the north the states biggest body of water.
http://www.visitmt.com/listings/general/lake/fort-peck-lake-reservoir-and-recreation-area.html
Lewistown is about as close to the center of Mt as you can be.
Problem is ...
Your a day in any direction from the border.
Better get a truck with a big gas tank and head out.
Any direction is a good direction when you live in Lewistown
:hump:

Lots of influx from Bozeman and out of state have driven up real estate prices. The hunting is great, but the access is getting more and more difficult (but where is it not?). It's a nice town, people are friendly, but major shopping or health care and you'll probably want to head to Great Falls or Billings. I still love it there though - it's gorgeous country.

I used to live in Lewistown. I haven't been there in awhile but I suspect not much has changed. 1 grocery store, standard fast food (mcdonalds, kfc/a&w, subway), ace hardware, tractor supply, a couple lumber yards (probably cheaper to go to billings) and a small shopko. Lewistown seems to be on the upswing lately. In the summer they have music on the street every Wednesday. Housing in parts of Montana that people want to live will be overpriced. If you think Lewistown is overpriced then you don't want to move to Dillon ($125K house in Lewistown is $165K in Dillon). A friend is a realtor there with Greater Montana Land Company. Her name is Mary and they might have a few leads on rentals.

I miss the hunting over there but access is getting really harder every season. Lots of guys from all over the state end up over there in the fall.

Her name is Mary and they might have a few leads on rentals.

Was Mary also an accountant? If it was her I rented from the same lady. I lived in Lewistown for about a year and a half right out of college (2010 - 2011). I loved the town, but all I did was work. I was single at the time so when I met my wife, we left town and started a family. I wish I could have stayed but it just didn't work out that way.
Fun little town, lots of nice people.

Was Mary also an accountant? If it was her I rented from the same lady. I lived in Lewistown for about a year and a half right out of college (2010 - 2011). I loved the town, but all I did was work. I was single at the time so when I met my wife, we left town and started a family. I wish I could have stayed but it just didn't work out that way.
Fun little town, lots of nice people.

There is a distinct possibility our paths crossed as I was there 2008-2014. Mary works at the Mint there in Lewistown too...real estate is a relatively new career choice

406life
I live on "This" side of Lewistown.
Great little town.
You forgot the http://www.montanadinnertrain.com/
CHARLIE RUSSELL CHEW CHOO! the dinner train.
http://www.lewistownchokecherry.com/
Lewistown Chokecherry Festival.
It is also the county seat Of Fergus county if that makes a difference.
100 miles west is Great Falls with most every thing that's you may want in Mt.
100 Miles south is Billings the states Biggest town.
Fort Peck reservoir is to the north the states biggest body of water.
http://www.visitmt.com/listings/general/lake/fort-peck-lake-reservoir-and-recreation-area.html
Lewistown is about as close to the center of Mt as you can be.
Problem is ...
Your a day in any direction from the border.
Better get a truck with a big gas tank and head out.
Any direction is a good direction when you live in Lewistown
:hump:

Yep.

Would live there in a heartbeat.

Yep.

Would live there in a heartbeat.

I have to say it is a very nice place to be. We have looked at cabins out that way. Eastern MT does get a bad rap about being the "ugly" side of the state, but there is some incredible scenes out that way. When you come down of Roger's pass and you look back at the Sawtooths and then at the rolling plains in front it really is like you have walked through a door into another world. I was just poking the bear early. Hopefully I won't get eaten.

At least the people out there will wave at you as you drive. With their whole hand even. I really like it out there. I hope it never gets "discovered" like the Root. Would ruin it for sure. mtmuley

at least the people out there will wave at you as you drive. With their whole hand even. I really like it out there. I hope it never gets "discovered" like the root. Would ruin it for sure. Mtmuley

amen.

I ate a lot of wagon wheels at the dash-in one summer.

This is all good to hear. Thanks for all the information. I just hope my job doesn't get in the way of my exploring...

This is all good to hear. Thanks for all the information. I just hope my job doesn't get in the way of my exploring...

I hear you there. The only thing worse than having to go to work all week is not eating. I love going up to Lewistown. The 3-D shoot up there is awesome.

Ruby's has the best Raspberry shakes in world. If you drive by without buying one, a pox will strike your Kingdom. DQ should license that from her.

Ruby's has the best Raspberry shakes in world. If you drive by without buying one, a pox will strike your Kingdom. DQ should license that from her.

I've had one of their milkshakes but not a raspberry. I'll add it to the list

Back