Lewistown, MT

The couple of times I've been in Lewistown, I really enjoyed it, great area. Sounds like I need to get back and try a raspberry shake, I've eaten at Ruby's and really liked what I had. I'm jealous of you Fire_9.

I lived there for a month last summer. It's a standard Class A Montana town. A few bars, a few fast food spots, an Albertsons, etc., etc. It struck me as one of the more scenic spots in Central Montana. I don't have any leads on real estate, but I had some good luck fishing just outside town. Seems like a good place to live if you enjoy being outside.

I'm building a new home 5 miles out of Lewistown. I have searched out just about every community in Montana for my dream retirement. The Judith Basin is the best of the best, period.
For a person that loves the outdoors, the mountains, prairies, breaks and badlands we have it all and it is all close by.
Besides we have the best water anywhere. Big Spring Creek pours out 90 million gallons per day at 99.9% pure.
And our well water is from the same supply.
As far as exploring the area, there is no end to it.

I think I'm going to have to ask BigFin to lock this thread to prevent anyone else moving to Lewistown...;) Damn I miss Lewistown!

My only word of caution is that it can be a little "cliquey" at times

The YMCA has adequate free weights if you are a lifter. There's another gym in town also, but I never checked that one out. So at least a couple options, not something you always find in the smaller towns.

The odds of Lewistown and the basin becoming overpopulated is slight.
Oil, gas, coal, we seem to be left out of that resource, a little gas to the North, development of that to any extent is unlikely.
Lewistown is the busiest in Oct with the hunting crowd, by Nov even that slows a lot.
Ag is the biggest industry by far and has maxed for sure.
Other then the county seat, the hospital and schools there really is little opportunity for people coming in looking for employment. Heck there isn't really a major highway around. 200? you can travel from Circle to LT any time and meet a dozen vehicles or so. 191 a bit more but what does it connect Harlow to Malta?
Hey, no complaints, I DO NOT want to be in an energy area, that's one reason I.m here.
I do understand the need for energy, just don't want to settle there.
Bottom line, Lewistown area is expensive, a growing population is unlikely.
And I'm not from the left coast.

Back