MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Leupold VXR?

Melman

I was wondering if anyone has experience with the VXR line of scopes and how they compare to the VX-6 when it comes to glass quality. I want an illuminated reticle and I really like the simple red dot Leupold has with their firedot compared to some of the other manufacturers. Ideally I'd like to buy the VX-6 2-12x42 but they are a little out of my price range. The price of the VXR 3-9x40 is pretty appealing. I know I can look at one of these in a store and try to compare but its hard to tell inside with bright florescent lighting so I was hoping you all might be able to give me some input. A good buy or save up for the VX-6? thank you in advance.

I've never messed with the VX-6 but have a VXR. I think it is a good scope for the money, and mine is bright enough to hunt by the moon if there is snow on the ground. To my eye it is comparable to the glass in a VX2.

I've got a vxr with the tmr reticle. I thinks its on par with a vx3 as its better than my vx2s. I don't like target turets and am thinking of having them swapped out for standard turets and putting in duel errector springs. I've not ha any trouble just putting the extra spring on for good measure. Other than that I am very pleased but most people like target turets so I'm in the minority. I doubt that the glass is close to the vx6 but schmalts can likely clear this up when he sees it.

I've got a vxr with the tmr reticle. I thinks its on par with a vx3 as its better than my vx2s. I don't like target turets and am thinking of having them swapped out for standard turets and putting in duel errector springs. I've not ha any trouble just putting the extra spring on for good measure. Other than that I am very pleased but most people like target turets so I'm in the minority. I doubt that the glass is close to the vx6 but schmalts can likely clear this up when he sees it.

I thought they came with twin bias erectors? Am I confusing the nomenclature?

I've a 4x12 R & like it. To my eyes on par with the 3's. The 6's are definitely better.

I just checked Leupold's website and they do come with twin bias spring erectors. didn't know what that meant so I just looked it up and that seems to be good feature

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambushpredator
Back