PEAX Equipment

Leupold Sight-In Help

thomas89

Definitely a dumb question, and I know if I knew the answer I'd stare blankly at whoever asked it.

But, since this is the internet and I dont have to look any of you in the eye when I ask this, here goes:

Got to the range today to sight in my new Leupold VX3HD 4.5-14X40 CDS (only included in case it makes a difference in the answer). Got the turret cap off for the windage, OK that looks normal... got the MOA turret cap off for the elevation... and what am I looking at. That little aluminum oblong knobber thing threw me for a loop. Couldn't really adjust that sucker with my fingers, didn't have a pliers, was thinking this can't be right. Put the cap back on, but then couldn't adjust any elevation down because of the zero stop.

Ended up basically installing the knob backwards (zero stop button facing away from me) to adjust the elevation. Then when I was done I put the cap back on with the indicator at zero. Flipped through the manual, flipped through a few pages of internet search results with no luck. Did I stumble into my solution or was I just lucky I didn't screw anything up doing it the wrong way?

Sounds like you stumbled into the solution. Or at least the same one I arrived at. I didn't think about the zero stop until I got to the range and then had to adjust down and was dumbfounded. But just figured I could take the turret cap off and install it differently and then adjust down, like what you did. I also did not see anything in the manual, but admittedly didn't look very hard.

Sounds like you stumbled into the solution. Or at least the same one I arrived at. I didn't think about the zero stop until I got to the range and then had to adjust down and was dumbfounded. But just figured I could take the turret cap off and install it differently and then adjust down, like what you did. I also did not see anything in the manual, but admittedly didn't look very hard.
Sat there like a dope just staring at it trying to figure out how this thing was supposed to work. Glad I'm not the only one who found the instructions lacking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back