Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Leupold Gold Ring HD binos on sale @ Cabelas.

T Bone

Just looked at the 10x42 Leupold Gold Ring binos on sale @ Cabelas.

IMO, they fall short of the Swaro or Leica, but for $1000 less, the are darned nice glass IMO.

If someone needs quality glass with lifetime warranty, for $600. They'd be good.

Plus, you'd be in the cool crowd, as I believe that's what Fin and crew use.

For now, I'm going to pass on them as I'm content enough with my Pentax DCF SP's

I too looked at these binos and really liked them I even liked them better than the swarvo because they fit my face and eyes better wich gave me a clearer image.Money is tight right now so I guess I will have to stick with my junky nikon trailblazers for this year.

My brother-in-law has them. Really nice glass, but they didn't fit my facial profile as well as the Vortex Vipers did. They are definitely better than my Vipers optically though. If they had been $600 then instead of $800 I probably would have went with them. Good glass.

Getting glass that fits your face makes all the differance in the world when it comes to binos

Just looked at the 10x42 Leupold Gold Ring binos on sale @ Cabelas.

If someone needs quality glass with lifetime warranty, for $600. They'd be good.

For that price, you will not find a better pair of binos.

Plus, you'd be in the cool crowd, as I believe that's what Fin and crew use.

That might scare off more people than it attracts. :eek:

Fin- Have you gotten a chance to try out Leupolds Rangefinding Binos? If so, I'd be interested in your opinion vs. the Geovids you used to use.

Fin- Have you gotten a chance to try out Leupolds Rangefinding Binos? If so, I'd be interested in your opinion vs. the Geovids you used to use.

Nope. Haven't had a chance to use them.

Rumor ;) has it, that Leupold is working on a new version of the rangefinder bino, and I think they will be really good. The idea is to take their TBR/RX rangefinder and put it in the Gold Ring bino.

If that "rumor" turns out to be true, I'd like to be the first inline for the OYOA group discount!!! ;)

Binos

If you want a bino that is just as good as the Leupold Gold Ring, check out the Bushnell Legend UHD for half of the price ($299). If you check out all of the specs and features, you will see that it is just as good if not better head to head and especially in the weight category (Legend UHD = 22.5 oz vs. Leupold = 33.8 oz) Talk about a lot of bino for the money, you have to check it out!!!!!! I have a pair and absolutely love them, but just my opinion.

If you want a bino that is just as good as the Leupold Gold Ring, check out the Bushnell Legend UHD for half of the price ($299). If you check out all of the specs and features, you will see that it is just as good if not better head to head and especially in the weight category (Legend UHD = 22.5 oz vs. Leupold = 33.8 oz) Talk about a lot of bino for the money, you have to check it out!!!!!! I have a pair and absolutely love them, but just my opinion.

Get back with us after a few years of use..

IMO, Rosco hit the nail on the head. Clarity, brightness and image may be somewhat comparable, but long term ruggedness fall short.

That is the case with my Pentax DCF SP's 10x50. Optically I can't tell which is better with the Gold Ring HD's. I'm happy enough with the optics, but the center hinge was getting sloppy loose, so they just went off for warranty work. Hopefully they treat me right.

Comparing the build and mechanics of the Gold Rings, they look to better built.

Tbone- Interesting on your Pentax. My DCF WPs seem to be holding up just fine, but will be keeping an eye on the hinge. Please update us on how their customer service treats you.

If I had any extra $$ laying around right now, I'd like to try a pair of Zen Ray's that cameraland NY has for under $300. Many reports show them to have a view comparable to the 'Big 3'...

Nope. Haven't had a chance to use them.

Rumor ;) has it, that Leupold is working on a new version of the rangefinder bino, and I think they will be really good. The idea is to take their TBR/RX rangefinder and put it in the Gold Ring bino.

Keep us posted Fin, that would be awesome.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back