Caribou Gear

Leupold Golden Ring HD Binoculars - tripod adapter?

crock239

So this AM the local sporting goods store had a swap meet / used gear sale, and I came across a pair of Leupold Golden Ring HD 10x42 binos in like new condition for $100, which I of course bought on the spot. I had been wanting to upgrade from my old Nikon Monarch 10x42 binos anyway, and had been eyeing Maven, Tract, Leupold, Vortex since I can't quite justify Swaro, Leica, etc.

A little research and I understand these models were discontinued quite a while back, and maybe are similar to Maven B1 or from same manufacturer? They're a bit heavy but I'm familiar w/ Leupold GR products as a few of my rifles have GR scopes, and I'm sure not going to complain about ANYTHING for the price.

Anyone run these binos? I don't see a threaded connection for a tripod mount (locking interpupillary distance instead) so I assume a universal tripod adapter would be needed? Any suggestions on that setup would be appreciated!

I just recently purchased a universal tripod adaptor from Leupold. Ran me about $20 if I recall correctly.

I just recently purchased a binocular tripod adaptor from Leupold. Ran me about $20 if I recall correctly.

Yes, they are cheap. I tried the newly bought adapter with 20x80 and it remained stable. It keeps the binoculars stable and does not loosen, and it does allow the binoculars to move on the horizontal axis.

Last edited:
Back