MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Leupold financial issues?

MNElkNut

First off, I want to say I am huge fan of Leupold. I went to a store tonight and all of their Leupold products were half price. I asked why. they said that Leupold was having financial difficulties and may declare bankruptcy. I did a google search right there and came up with nothing on any issues for Leupold. Has anyone heard this? Again, this was one salesperson running his mouth and I tend not to believe it, but I am in the market for a spotting scope and am almost ready to pull the trigger on a Leupold. Please, someone with knowledge of the situation tell me that guy is incorrect.

The first people on the outside to know of any trouble will be vendors not getting paid. If that was happening it would be known.
And, what benefit would there be to Leupold's income to have retail stores selling for half price unless Leupold was fronting the product? I wouldn't put a lot of faith in that guys opinion.

They seem to be expanding their lines and advancing product technology like crazy… I guess they could have over extended. I agree with WapitiBob, and I think someone on here would know. 😉

At our shop we have heard NOTHING like that. Getting regular resupplies etc. If you want something that is on that kind of sale I would JUMP!!

What? Someone at the gun/optics counter might not know what they're talking about? Inconceivable...
I try to tell my wife this all the time! You know what you came to Home Depot for— I SENT YOU! If this dude in lumber knew wtf he was talking about he’d be building stuff! 9/10 If the dude in paint knew half a shit about paint he wouldn’t be at Home Depot.

Other brands give salespersons funny money for slinging their stuff. I've heard all kinds of excuses for why I should buy X brand over Leupold.
The last time I talked with an optics salesman at Cabela’s:

“I know you said you weren’t interested in Vortex, but you should really check out this Vortex.”

The last time I talked with an optics salesman at Cabela’s:

“I know you said you weren’t interested in Vortex, but you should really check out this Vortex.”
Almost the exact conversation I had at a local shop a couple weeks ago.
Sales kid - they have the best warranty in the business
Me - and there’s almost a guarantee that you’ll get to use it (2 scopes, 2 replacements, no questions asked)

Almost the exact conversation I had at a local shop a couple weeks ago.
Sales kid - they have the best warranty in the business
Me - and there’s almost a guarantee that you’ll get to use it (2 scopes, 2 replacements, no questions asked)
Vortex isn't small business friendly. Go into a small store and you won't see Vortex one the shelf.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back