Leupold Custom Shop experience

Addicting

Thinking about sending in my VX6 and getting it custom anodized similar to this photo except matching the barrel not the stock. I have the same rifle in the photo and keep coming back to this pic every so often. Any one with experience doing this? How did it turn out?
IMG_0212.jpg

I'm sure they'd do a great job and it would look great. I just don't see me spending $$ on cosmetics that serve no/little functional purpose...

I have only had CDS retrofits done. No complaints about service from the Custom Shop. mtmuley

Well I got the response back from them, they can only do it if the scope is ordered thru them. If you already have one they won't do it but will still keep the warranty if you have it done aftermarket with a Cerakote cold finish. Which does not appear to be as hard of a finish as the baked on version. I am also finding out there are a lot of aftermarket that wont do it because of warranty issues.

Last edited:
I'm sure they'd do a great job and it would look great. I just don't see me spending $$ on cosmetics that serve no/little functional purpose...

No functional purpose is correct, but you can't take you money with when your dead. I've already got 3500 in this set up so a hundred more to get it to match like this is worth it to me. I just wish they would of left the gold ring on it. IMG_0213.JPG

To each their own. Maybe sell the current scope and order the same thing in the proper color from the custom shop?

$100 would cover a lot of reloading components or help defray costs for an out of state hunt for me. That said, I'll probably buy a lighter rifle someday, as my most used one(s) are heavy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back