Lets see your first deer pics!! this could be fun!

schmalts

Lets all dig out our first deer pics, or first deer that you have a pic of. I will scan one here if i can find it to start it off.
tongue.gif
Lets also post some funny pics if you got them

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-13-2003 18:26: Message edited by: schmalts ]</font>

O.K. check out this young strapping 12yr old with his first deer. It took like a million years to top it. Check out the moon boots! remember when they were popular???
cool.gif
cool.gif

Man i found a couple funny ones here in an old album. i will get time later this weekend to do some scanning. The memories come back to me when i see pics of me wearing "treebark" camo. Man did that stuff suck! old army camo was way better but the treebark was a fad, unless you hunted in grey trees
biggrin.gif
first%20d1.JPG

Luck was on my side with my first buck taken the last 10 minutes of the hunt driving the road to leave hunting camp
33 inch outside spread craby forks but the 29 inch main beams made up for it 182 net
and I wone a 270 savage in the local big buck contest with this buck
http://www.ontargetoutfitters.com/firstbuck.htm

LOL
biggrin.gif

I can't help but notice how happy Buzz & schmalts look.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

I wish I could find a picture of me with my first deer. I remember I at least had a smile of joy and happiness.
smile.gif

Here's my first, at the ripe old age of 14. I look a little happier than the others. Guess I just hadn't mastered the cool, nonchalant look.
wink.gif

Buzz, my first elk pic looks almost exactly like that, except the elk was already skinned!
rolleyes.gif

Oak

firstbuck.jpg

This is my first buck 3x3 western count i was 17 my dad would not let us hunt big game till we were 16. taken on onion MT near Camp verde AZ 1971
first_muley_1971.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-16-2003 17:04: Message edited by: jig maker ]</font>

Man it sucks this thread is so old a lot of the pictures are gone. No picture of me with my badass moon boots
not you but me with my moon boots. Last day of 95 season. A lot of snow poor deer could not even run I shot over it 4 times but the fifth time was a charm and my 12 year old self was so proud.

Attachments

• firstbuck_jpg.jpg
    firstbuck_jpg.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 30
Man, this might be the oldest thread I've had the opportunity to contribute to:

Behold!

Deer.jpg

I left my knife up on the mountain after dressing this deer and had to hike back up after it. Looking at it now, that's not a big rifle which makes it an even smaller deer than I remember lol

I grew up in Alaska, my 1st deer was a caribou , 1982 I was 13 D168EDDF-FF19-4A03-BBE7-89DB9FE5AD0D.jpeg

it happened so fast , I was alone, dad was taking a nap in the tent , it was like mid day I went to go exploring around camp and dad told me to take my rifle I don’t know how long I was gone but there was some kind of a hole that was full of water I came across and I just remember standing there staring down into it and then I look up and there’s this Caribou like 30 or 40 yards away that just appeared out of no where and he was just staring at me I was probably the first person it had ever seen in its life, I dropped to one knee and shot it, next thing I know you see dad‘s head popping up over the bushes looking left looking right trying to figure out where I was and he makes it over to me and he was kicking himself because he didn’t get to see me kill my first big game animal and I don’t think he really thought that I was going to shoot one.

So he sends me back to camp to get some stuff while he starts messing with the animal and I remember running back to camp and when I’m almost to camp over the ridge just 50 yds or so in front of camp on the rise above our tent walks the biggest freaking Caribou with the sun behind it and you see this giant shadow of this lone bull on the hillside looking at us with this massive rack and he just stands there and I’m yelling back at dad look at that thing and he just stood there staring at me and it just walked off that was my first Caribou hunt.

I don’t even remember if that was a male or female Caribou we don’t have the rack anymore and little did I know you’re not supposed to shoot the first thing you see on a hunt like that , dad was asleep I blame him 🤣 , I did get a decent size Caribou when I was 16 which hangs in my house today and little did I know then that would be the last one I ever got because we left Alaska a year later and I’ve never been back except once for a vacation

I didn't get the hunting itch til I was 31. Ater coming up empty in my first hunting season of my home state of CA, i made the trip to my good friends place in Ohio for a 5 day hunting spree. There i tagged my first ever deer, and its an adrenaline rush like no other. He aint got a huge rack, but i couldnt have been more proud of him (and myself) nor could i argue with the 75lbs of meat i got to bring home.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 7
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back