Let's see your antelope rifle.

088C0241-CEA9-47DF-8D33-3F7579EC125B.jpg
Rem 700 action, Proof 1x8.24 twist 7mm Rem Mag, AG Composites M50 stock. Leupold VX5 3-15 CDS-ZL with windplex, DNZ base. One antelope buck, one cow elk, and one mule deer buck under its belt so far from its 2017 inaugural season.

Interestingly, I'm re-reading my post in the context of some of the other posts in this thread--primarily with some of the more simple, beautiful firearms that have been shown. The ones with tremendous history, and ones that require immense skill to use effectively (flintlock anyone?!?!?) and I'm blown away at how diverse the weapons are that are represented in this thread. It makes me want to take out my Winchester 71 in .348 this year to punch one of my tags. Thanks, all, for sharing your cool guns.

Last edited:
Yes, nice rifles everyone! You all are not doing anything to help keep my budget in check!

Remington 700 Long Range model in 30-06. Heavy as heck but accurate as all get out. Works wonders on anything.

I'd love to carry grandpas 257 Ackley but I have too much fear of damaging the last rifle he built. He'd slap me if he was here and heard me say that too.

Rifle.jpg
IMG_2181.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 86343
Rem 700 action, Proof 1x8.24 twist 7mm Rem Mag, AG Composites M50 stock. Leupold VX5 3-15 CDS-ZL with windplex, DNZ base. One antelope buck, one cow elk, and one mule deer buck under its belt so far from its 2017 inaugural season.

Interestingly, I'm re-reading my post in the context of some of the other posts in this thread--primarily with some of the more simple, beautiful firearms that have been shown. The ones with tremendous history, and ones that require immense skill to use effectively (flintlock anyone?!?!?) and I'm blown away at how diverse the weapons are that are represented in this thread. It makes me want to take out my Winchester 71 in .348 this year to punch one of my tags. Thanks, all, for sharing your cool guns.

Very nice!

My new antelope gun is in pieces at the moment. Scope and rings, and new timmny trigger are on the way. A new free stock due to warranty is on the way as well. I hope it all arrives soon.

This old 1886, in 45/70 has a date with a cow elk this fall. Made in 1901.

Those 86's are slick rifles. I have one that is a frankenbuild in 33 WCF that shoots good enough for deer 7 elk out to 200 yards. I may have to take it out for a mule deer/elk hunt. Nice pieces, Pat. That 86 looks like it's in prime condition.

Home built savage chambered in 257 Weatherby topped with a VX6 2-12

Attachments

• 12C5A74A-FEC5-4EB3-943E-E13AF6D6D705.jpg
    12C5A74A-FEC5-4EB3-943E-E13AF6D6D705.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 261
My longtime big game rifle is this Winchester Model 54 in .30-06, with a Leupold Alaskan 4x scope. For me it has taken 9 Colorado pronghorn, 30 of 31 CO elk, and a couple dozen CO mulies. The first production bolt action hunting rifle, it was made in 1932, so it's 86 years young now.

This year I drew a CO Pronghorn buck licenses but returned it because of a season conflict with the once-in-a-lifetime Colorado bull moose tag I drew after 19 years applying. I decided to modernize and popped for a lighter weight moose rifle. It's a Kimber Adirondack in 7mm-08, with a Zeiss Conquest 3-15 x 42 scope and a Silencerco Omega 300 suppressor. It's an incredibly light weight, sweet shooting, low recoil rig. I'll also use it for the upcoming bull and cow elk, and black bear hunts, and surely for pronghorn next year.

New-and-Old.jpg

Coach Chris is that a Boyds stock on the bottom gun? If so did you glass bed it? I bought one for a 6.5 and just slapped in on and went with it. So far accuracy seems ok.

6.5.jpg

This will be the one that I take out next year. I'm going to start hand loading this year so hopefully I get a perfect load dialed in.

Last edited:
I haven’t hunted antelope in a few years but next tag I draw this rifle will for sure be the one I grab.
6.5GAP built by my brother. It’s topped with a VX5HD 3-15 now.
3652025E-38CA-493F-91DF-BCA38A000A15.jpg

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back