Let’s see some region 7 antelope!

2019 we had some R7 permits. I shot that 71 archery buck last weekend of season on a little public section. My kids had private access lined up. Went 3rd week of rifle with daughter, she's not picky and shot a decent 13" type buck. After that we spotted a huge herd of maybe 30-40 bucks together. One big one. All the rest were small. Called my son who had a permit also and told him he had to come at least try. 24 hours later he had the buck, nicest MT buck I've helped dress out in the last dozen years.
C627D412-5734-4A05-BBF9-05A275B2A38F.jpegAA339D78-A0C9-4BC6-B4C9-E938555C3E24.jpeg

Last edited:
So many happy stories.. this ain’t one of them. 2015 I had a r7 tag and was elk hunting over there during archery - getting my ass handed to me. While eating dinner and drinking a cold beer I saw a herd of antelope with a buck in it walk over the hill. After another 2 beers I thought, “screw this elk hunting, I could go get that antelope”.

Yeah, let the circus begin. When I finally put my tag on the buck after having to reshoot my entire quiver, I heard an elk bugle. It was dark by then. Likely the bull bugling was the one killed a couple weeks later by a rifle permit holder within a 1/2 mile of where I was at.
90B10BD4-B411-4C1E-960B-8E221358B73F.jpeg81727672-8633-4595-816E-5853478F4A8A.jpeg

So many happy stories.. this ain’t one of them. 2015 I had a r7 tag and was elk hunting over there during archery - getting my ass handed to me. While eating dinner and drinking a cold beer I saw a herd of antelope with a buck in it walk over the hill. After another 2 beers I thought, “screw this elk hunting, I could go get that antelope”.

Yeah, let the circus begin. When I finally put my tag on the buck after having to reshoot my entire quiver, I heard an elk bugle. It was dark by then. Likely the bull bugling was the one killed a couple weeks later by a rifle permit holder within a 1/2 mile of where I was at.
View attachment 233386View attachment 233387
Isnt that bull from a friend of famous moose hunter in these parts?

Congrats on the goat chief😁

Yowza...

That poor antelope might have took fewer arrows if he had hunkered down with the cavalry on last stand hill.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back