MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Let’s see some region 7 antelope!

I can vouch for this recipe. I have done this several times since I came across this recipe a while back. Mostly deer though. I would stick with Coke, I tried Pepsi and Dr. Pepper which wasn't bad, I just prefer Coke

Serious question. Isn't a 70-inch antelope in 700 likely a 2-year-old?

Possibly. I think I read somewhere the former world record was 2. But hard to tell, every buck with horns as long as it’s ear that isn’t measured scores “70”.

We used to hunt the area in the green circle back in the mid to late 80s. Honest 15 inch antelope were not too hard to find and we would see one that really stood out about one a year. I am not sure what they scored but my brother's girlfriend killed one once that we scored close to 80 unofficially after 4 beers. We saw several that were bigger, unofficially.
If I would've had a working rangefinder at the time I would know what they scored.

Stop worrying about finding one that scores an arbitrary number and just go hunt and have fun. Enjoy some great meat. Only if you take care of it properly though cause apparently that is close to rocket science.

Never officially measured but scores 70. Probably 5 years old. Tough old bugger, had to drag a mile to a road on a BMA - ruined the cape. Bummer it would have looked good on the wall. A Region 7 giant. 😐 He gets 3 measurements under prong that’s why he scores so well.
View attachment 233190
Well?
That's hunting in the 700s....sarc, sarc.
Big smile for a toad of a loper....bet that those years went to damn fast!

“Let’s see some region 7 antelope.”Title of this one. Not a cry baby fest about what it used to be.. Here’s one of my best R7 antelope. 2003. He’s still #7 in MT for archery.
F7FC6987-E8BE-4F98-AC18-D1F1044E2265.jpeg
This buck was my obsession that year. Have video/photos of him starting in April. Got him opening of archery in the afternoon. Never thought I would skip an opener of elk back then. Thought he would be a MT #1, at the time my friend had killed in the 80s.
96FBC2D1-DF42-4A8C-BF28-885EDEF50073.jpeg

Last edited:
“Let’s see some region 7 antelope.”Title of this one. Not a cry baby fest about what it used to be.. Here’s one of my best R7 antelope. 2003. He’s still #7 in MT for archery.
View attachment 233226
This buck was my obsession that year. Have video/photos of him starting in April. Got him opening of archery in the afternoon. Never thought I would skip an opener of elk back then. Thought he would be a MT #1, at the time my friend had killed in the 80s.
View attachment 233227
Awesome buck! That’s all this thread was supposed to be is a bunch of pictures

I looked through some old photos and thought I might post a few up. Warning!!! Grip and grins were not our strong suit, and none were scored. I can't remember getting one from the truck but most pics are in the yard or at the truck because that is where the camera was. This might be the only antelope that I shot that I have a picture of.
View attachment 233299
Great buck! I love old hunting pictures. My family didn’t really grow up hunting so I’d always have to look at them in stores

I have lots of crappy quality hunting pictures from back in the day. These were every day bucks and should be easy enough to find today.
View attachment 233303
that's a great representation of lope hunting (the gumbo), and although everyday buck back then, i disagree about easy to find today. These ones you've posted are top 5% of what I see now. I usually see a few like these, but almost always not where you can hunt them.

that's a great representation of lope hunting (the gumbo), and although everyday buck back then, i disagree about easy to find today. These ones you've posted are top 5% of what I see now. I usually see a few like these, but almost always not where you can hunt them.
I am sure you are right, I haven't been there in quite a few years. I wish I had pics of the ones I couldn't kill. A couple of times I crawled for an hour to get in range and the bullet would hit at their feet. I never could get a handle on estimating range from my belly in that flat ass country.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back