Let us through! Canada won't allow SE AK hunters over the border to access interior subsistence activities

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised that there's a place in SE AK that local subsistence is lacking.

Com'on the Allied Invasion of Italy is on that list... Not exactly Canadians leading the charge there.

I'm all for joking around but that's a pretty asinine comment my dude. Ever heard of a place called Ortona? The 26,000 Canadian casualties would highly disagree with your statement.

Anyway, back on subject, just give it a try, show up to our border armed and "bRiNg Us SoMe FrEeDoM"...

I'm all for joking around but that's a pretty asinine comment my dude. Ever heard of a place called Ortona? The 26,000 Canadian casualties would highly disagree with your statement.

Anyway, back on subject, just give it a try, show up to our border armed and "bRiNg Us SoMe FrEeDoM"...
Well either I'm missing something or Wiki is pretty damn wrong. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_invasion_of_Italy

189k troops total only a few thousand casualties, only a couple references to Canadians. "On 3 September 1943, the British Eighth Army's XIII Corps, commanded by Lieutenant-General Miles Dempsey and composed of the 1st Canadian and British 5th Infantry Divisions, launched Operation Baytown under General Bernard Montgomery's direction. Opposition to the landings was light and the Italian units surrendered almost immediately."

With specific regard to Ortona.. "the battle to liberate Ortona resulted in 2,300 Canadian casualties"

They referenced a paragraph in a book by Atkinson for that 2,300 number. Canadian Encyclopedia article published in 2015 shows the 26k number for the Italian Campaign, 2,600 for Ortana. Either way, not an insignificant loss of life.

@SaskHunter you have to realize you won't win this discussion with them on military history. Just like in WWI/WWII they come in half way or close to the end and claim they won it on their own.

BTW looks like the border is going to be closed until at least the new year.

This is sad, I can not speak for B.C. but in The Territories we dont have beds, ventilators, even hospitals and doctors to handle maybe 15 cases at a time. Fortunately by following very strict movement guidelines we only have had 14 in Yukon, 5 in N.W. and zero in Nunavut, to the best of my knowledge.

How do they get their everyday supplies into that town ? Maybe Alaska Fish and Game would let someone substince hunt on their behalf and then ship the meat to them. They should have goats in that area, are they able to hunt them for meat ?

And I agree with JeffJ. the number of young men from The U.S. and Canada that were lost in the war was sad and too many, regardless of the number and the country they were from. I thank them all, from both countries

@SaskHunter you have to realize you won't win this discussion with them on military history. Just like in WWI/WWII they come in half way or close to the end and claim they won it on their own.

More slights at America from the usual suspect...You just can't help yourself!

MCGA?
Much love to my northern neighbors for making common sense decisions.
Also...if Canada built a wall, should America pay for it? 🤔
If Canada brought a wealth of employment opportunity to America, and in return Americans repetitively flooded illegally into Canada, burdening Canadas CBSA, RCMP and Canadian citizens with drugs, child and adult sex/labor slave smuggling, gang members, etc... and the American govt turns a blind eye as the valued Canadian dollars made in Canada floods back to America...

Yes, America should pay. ;)

If Canada brought a wealth of employment opportunity to America, and in return Americans repetitively flooded illegally into Canada, burdening Canadas CBSA, RCMP and Canadian citizens with drugs, child and adult sex/labor slave smuggling, gang members, etc... and the American govt turns a blind eye as the valued Canadian dollars made in Canada floods back to America...

Yes, America should pay. ;)
And for the rest of the class, this is a good illustration of why Americans are considered arrogant by the rest of the world 😉

And for the rest of the class, this is a good illustration of why Americans are considered arrogant by the rest of the world 😉

I thought he did a pretty good job of explaining why we are going to build their wall.🤷‍♂️

Well either I'm missing something or Wiki is pretty damn wrong. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_invasion_of_Italy

189k troops total only a few thousand casualties, only a couple references to Canadians. "On 3 September 1943, the British Eighth Army's XIII Corps, commanded by Lieutenant-General Miles Dempsey and composed of the 1st Canadian and British 5th Infantry Divisions, launched Operation Baytown under General Bernard Montgomery's direction. Opposition to the landings was light and the Italian units surrendered almost immediately."

With specific regard to Ortona.. "the battle to liberate Ortona resulted in 2,300 Canadian casualties"

I can't believe you're arguing about this. The 26,000 Canadian casualties were for the ENTIRE Italian campaign. The battle of Ortona is a prime example of Canadians kicking German ass, in Italy. We had a population of less than 11 million at the time, sorry we ONLY suffered 26,000 casualties during the entire Italian campaign, and "only" 2,300 in a single battle. From the early days of WW2, Canada shifted its entire economy towards the war effort and raised a massive volunteer military, 1.1 million by the end of the war (remember we were only 11 million in 1939?).

Here's some simple stats to put things into perspective for you:
Canada lost 0.38% of its population during WW2, the US lost 0.32%. But yes, sorry we didn't lead the way by YOUR standards.

My very last point about this subject; I can't believe people dare to have a pissing matches about such subjects. This was a common effort to defeat evil not a contest for who would "lead the way" or who has sacrificed more. When was the last time you took part in a military campaign or operation anyway my dude?

We have people like that on our side of the border too. Small minded people on this side of the border LOOOOOOOVE to say how much better they are than Americans.

Here's the thing, both Canada and the US suck equally and are equally amazing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back