Less Access = Less People = Less Probability of getting Caught

Best thing he has ever done.
Itchaca, I know you'll read this.
Just wanted to say thanks. I am really glad that you will no longer reply to me.

MATTy, try reading the information that NEMONT posted. Many of his posted refer to the poaching near roads, and as has been stated "More Access = More People = More LIKELIHOOD (=Probability) of Poachers being seen = More Probability of Poachers being Caught. So, yes ultimately D = A = B = C = 1/A = 1/B = 1/C = 1/D." By no means do they indicate that poaching is a roaded only issue, but rather that roaded access influences human activity, and that increased human activity increases the likelihood that poaching events will be detected and poachers caught. I have asked yourself and BUZZ to confirm or deny that poaching occurs in the backcountry, and neither of you has done anything but defend acts committed in the backcountry, and point your fingers in the other direction. Oh yah, and make threats toward me. If the boot fits.....

BTW, I'll be in Enaville for another breakfast on Saturday the 26th @ 7:00 a.m..

I have not seen one shred of evidence that more access means poachers will be more likely to be caught poaching.

Its just not a correlation.

What happens when poachers choose to hunt with spotlights at night in heavily roaded areas? Who is out riding an atv or driving around in a truck at 1:00 am to see them? What are their odds of being caught? Being seen?

How many people are actually out in the woods driving around during the times hunting seasons are not open? What looks like a highway during hunting season, may not see traffic again for many months.

Access=more poaching is what every game warden in the country will tell you IS a correlation and also that less access=less poaching, call and ask them.

Anyone that cant figure out something this simple is just a complete moron.

BuzzH said:
Access=more poaching is what every game warden in the country will tell you IS a correlation and also that less access=less poaching, call and ask them.
I have called and talked with several, and many agree that:"More Access = More People = More LIKELIHOOD (=Probability) of Poachers being seen = More Probability of Poachers being Caught. So, yes ultimately D = A = B = C = 1/A = 1/B = 1/C = 1/D." I guess you just need to be able to understand the issue inorder to properly talk about it.

Ithaca, its a tough call on putting Ten on the ignore list...

He/She is not worth the time or effort, but what is worth the effort is showing the posters at SI how desperate the fat-assed atv crowd has become in trying to defend their ideas of having more access. Must not be working too well as the various F&G agencies, public land management agencies, SERIOUS hunters, etc. are continually getting more and more areas shut down to all but foot and horse traffic.

As long as I get my way, I dont care what ten whines about or what he/she thinks. He/She is irrevelant to the important issues. What ten thinks doesnt matter in the slightest, his/her voice is being drowned out by the majority who want ATV's and ATV accessable areas restricted more and more.

The best thing is, I dont have to do much but send letters of support to the BLM, FS, etc. that are already highly supportive of closing roads to atv's...this aint your granpappy's land management agencies any more. They recognize the problems and are being INSTRUCTED from the top to deal with it.

I'm winning, wildlife is winning, and frankly, thats whats important to me.

The arguing with the illiterate in SI is just pure entertainment. ;)

JoseCuervo...are you a new poster or is this just a new moniker? The wit and prose sounds eerily familiar.

new name, vague location, pro towel folders = elk gunner, yrh, bbb4?

BUZZ, how much poaching goes on in your remote hunting area, or are you still in denial? I have talked quite a bit with game wardens about the issue and many (not one) have agreed with the concept. The idea isn't that there should be access everywhere, nor is it that there isn't poaching near roads, nor is it that there isn't more opportunistic poaching along roads (that's been the conclusion from many studys, but I doubt the observability/detectability were even considered).

Let me draw you a picture. Just as an EXAMPLE, lets say we have 3 happy hunters heading into the backcountry (BUZZ, MATTy, & their girlfreind JoseCurvo.). After a couple of years or so of hunting these areas they become comfortable with the comings and going of other camps in the area, and they also learn the habits of the hunters in the other camps.
Jim Kropp, chief of law enforcement for the state Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks. "They get comfortable hunting behind locked gates and shooting what they see..... http://espn.go.com/outdoors/conserv...on-rise_MT.html
Maybe one or more of the hunting party (BUZZ) has a type-A personalility which drives him to always be the "winner"
"You often get highly successful people who are type A personalities and are just used to getting what they want," says the federal prosecutor. "They feel they can do anything." http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:...s/2002/Poaching.htm+trophy+poach+remote&hl=en
This drive and comfort pushes a normally ethical group to commit some other then ethical acts. Placing salt, hunting just a day or two before the season, and/or other acts, "in order to get the edge." Or it could just be that:
If killing lots of big animals is the only way that one becomes a great hunter, then the incentives to lie, cheat, steal and poach are being built into the system. Gutschow describes how the drive to bag trophy elk led one so-called "pro hunter" to poach in a national park. http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:...ckcountry&hl=en

You can draw your own conclusions. :eek: :eek: Remember BUZZ and crew, I haven't denied poaching exists in roaded areas. I believe that access is the key to observation of poachers (hence the success of programs like Citizens Against Poaching, here in Idaho). Talk with IT about CAP, he likes to claim great affiliation with the program (go tell him it's a bust). Less access = Less People, can you relate to that so far? (I believe that is why you hunt backcountry areas isn't it) Less People = Less Probability of Poachers being Seen/Detected/Caught, can you grasp it yet, or are you just so thick with denial that it doesn't make sense to you? |oo |oo

BTW, BUZZ, this topic has nothing to do with ATV's in specific, it deals with ACCESS (all types of access). You see I'm looking at a bigger picture. I don't agree with horse only travel, but I'm not equinophobic.

Let me PAINT a picture. There are these fat-assed atv drivers (let's say TB and others) who hunt in highly accessed areas. They tear up land, shoot signs, drink their brews, smoke their dope and brag of their 3rd grade education. They talk about the spike they got a few years back and get pissed because other hunters show pictures of nice white-tail, mule deer, elk, pronghorn, and other trophy animals. In their simpleton minds, the only way to get such animals is by hunting out of season and at night as their lazy asses don't get off their atv and away from the road. They then come up with some dumb equation that means nothing to explain why anyone who would hunt away from a road is doing so to break game laws. They can then use "hypothetical" examples that basically directly point the finger at 3 fellow posters and say they poach. Bottom line: The seething jealousy that is exhibited is disdainful. Don't say others poach because they take a lot of nice trophies. Just as all your other arguments you use very little logic, fewer truths and absolutely nothing to back up your claims.

TB- This is the reason I have no respect for nor will I ever have any respect for you.

Careful MATTy, your lack of selfcontrol is showing. I never said that everybody that hunts in the backcountry does so to poach, you guys just take it in that context, and when you do, that it leads others to believe you have something to hide.

cjcj & tb- I know a lot of hunters that if you insinuated they poached, would cross their t's and dot your eyes. A true hunter doesn't even joke about poaching.

I guess that's why you two can joke all day about it!

MattK said:
cjcj & tb- I know a lot of hunters that if you insinuated they poached, would cross their t's and dot your eyes. A true hunter doesn't even joke about poaching.

MATTy, that response and BUZZ'z private messagez are all the more reason for me to have my suspicions about your camp. :eek: :eek: :eek:

MattK said:

W.T.F. Matty make that 2 chill pills followed by a shot of scotch :) .........................................................................................................Where /how did i infer/say you were a poacher...call me in the morning..Sincerly DR. CJ. :D

The next thing ten will tell us is that roaded areas with tons of access are great areas for trophy potential...

More roads=more people=older/larger animals????

Makes as much sense as tens equation...

Ten has a well set equation and by taking it to its base component holds true.
It is only by interjecting other topics into it that those added components don't fit and have no merit on this topic, as they were not meant to.
That is for other topics and new threads.
Of course that is the idea to add other factors into the mix to try and confuse a cut and dry issue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back