Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Leopold 12X40X60

Dave2643

I am thinking about buying a like new Leopold Gold Ring 12X40X60 with a Vortex tripod. The guy wants $600 for both. Is that a good spotting scope and is that a good buy?

Sounds like a good deal. Its not as good as a zeiss/sworo, but its pretty good in my opinion. New I think they are around 1000.

I have one and am very pleased with it. I can use it for extended times and never suffer eye strain. It's compact for tossing into your day pack. They sell for $999.00. Sounds like a good deal to me.
Dan

I'm a big fan of the Saker, but it's definitely a step below the gold ring. I'm very impressed by the gold rings clarity in such a compact little scope. I'd be all over it at that price.

Depending on if you need a tripod, and which one it is, that's an OK deal. If you have a little patience, you can pick up the scope for $500-$550 on eBay.

ETA- the age of the scope plays into how good of a deal this is too because the lens coatings have changed over time.

Last edited:
Dave, that sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I have that Leupold spotter and have been really happy with it. I've borrowed/used some physically bigger scopes from Swaro and Vortex that were fantastic optically, but depending on budget and size constraints they may not be the best fit. Optics opinions are many and varied, but in my limited experience and opinion the Leupold you're considering is a good one.

Spotting Scope

Bought the scope and got some leads on my sheep hunt from the fellow that I bought it from.
Turned out to be a real good deal.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back