Leftover CO

What blows my mind is 1 person turned the tag in and 5 idiots refused the tag to make it to this point... and they had the entire 30 day season to hunt...

Someone deserves a Darwin award
I can’t imagine that they tried to re-issue that tag. Im guessing they don’t draw alternates for DS or else surely someone would have taken it? No points to lose, random draw. If there was one day left of season I would take it if I got the call!

As far as I know they have successfully re-issued every Rocky tag except for one or two and that’s with people losing their points. I just can’t see it happening when you have nothing but a few hundred bucks to lose.

What blows my mind is 1 person turned the tag in and 5 idiots refused the tag to make it to this point... and they had the entire 30 day season to hunt...

Are you sure 5 people turned it down? I'm not sure how it works with returns and tags with no PP though.

No one refused, desert sheep are 100% random, so there is no next in line to go to

That's not accurate. There is still a draw order for awarding licenses. I don't have time to go into details, but CPW did make an attempt to contact the next 5 in line for the desert sheep license.
Woah! Didn’t know… amazed that 6 blokes all turned it down or in?! Probably a once in several lifetimes tag….. that a dude bought via a programmer nerd most likely for a fraction of what it would have sold for at an auction…

Woah! Didn’t know… amazed that 6 blokes all turned it down or in?! Probably a once in several lifetimes tag….. that a dude bought via a programmer nerd most likely for a fraction of what it would have sold for at an auction…
The tag was 'won' fair and square the same way we all try with no bots nor money changing hands.

Spoke to the lucky, lucky guy who I know pretty well as it turns out and he is a died in the wool bowhunter. He will have his Big 9 species in Colo with his bow if he scores. Nice to see an average joe score the tag.

The tag was 'won' fair and square the same way we all try with no bots nor money changing hands.

Spoke to the lucky, lucky guy who I know pretty well as it turns out and he is a dyed in the wool bowhunter. He will have his Big 9 species in Colo with his bow if he scores. Nice to see an average joe score the tag.
That’s awesome! Good for him. If he needs a local area guy with some good glass and a strong back, I’m available! :) May or may not have some ideas since I was supposed to help with the original tag holder.

That’s awesome! Good for him. If he needs a local area guy with some good glass and a strong back, I’m available! :) May or may not have some ideas since I was supposed to help with the original tag holder.
Was there an emergency situation to return the original tag.

Was there an emergency situation to return the original tag.
Posted it in another spot, hadn’t seen this thread.

“Older fella, not the most mobile anymore. Plan was to hunt from the river, but boat situation fell through. That altered plans a bit and after that he said he wasn’t as excited about it as he felt he should be or able to. He thought someone else would likely appreciate it more and be able to go after it harder and should have it instead. He’s had pretty good tag luck for several years and is really more into killing and eating elk than chasing “trophy” game.”

Posted it in another spot, hadn’t seen this thread.

“Older fella, not the most mobile anymore. Plan was to hunt from the river, but boat situation fell through. That altered plans a bit and after that he said he wasn’t as excited about it as he felt he should be or able to. He thought someone else would likely appreciate it more and be able to go after it harder and should have it instead. He’s had pretty good tag luck for several years and is really more into killing and eating elk than chasing “trophy” game.”
@MikaelMc I will direct message you in case you would like to speak with lucky tag holder.

Mighty nice offer of you!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back