Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Leftover CO

Maybe since I'm already going out there to help a buddy, but not too hard. Wondering why the leftover list is so different than the preview list
The preview list is just the tags that are going to get added to being available on the leftover list starting at 11:00 am. Anything not scooped up makes it to the next leftover list.

The preview list is just the tags that are going to get added to being available on the leftover list starting at 11:00 am. Anything not scooped up makes it to the next leftover list.
Ok - so they wouldn't show up on the leftover list unless they made past 11:00.00001 am?

Yes. And they only update the leftover list every 10 minutes or hour or something like that so most of the good tags on the preview list actually never make it to the leftover list.

The reissue list tags have withered to virtually nil anyway. CPW is going to blow it up over the winter, betting the NR’s opportunities are reduced and the process is changed….again.

If so, been a good run. Grabbed a tag on 10/25 for my son and made the 12 hour drive 10/27 for the opener. With only 3 days to hunt, hiked alot of ground, passed over 50 plus bucks before taking this guy the last day.

Attachments

• IMG_2347.jpeg
    IMG_2347.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 81
This is awesome. I've wondered why people get so bent out of shape of people asking about topography, general questions and posting a unit #. Because they feel it "burns" units.

But you have threads about leftover draws, second draws, primary draws and nobody bats an eye. Wouldn't these threads burn a whole state?

Then people ask why it’s harder to get a reissue tag each year. I wish some didn’t feel like they need to do a good deed by posting every damn way to snag a tag and the little things they’ve done to do it. Probably the same jackasses that post about their fishing hole, lake or river and wonder why it’s crowded now.

Last edited:
Talked to a guy last year that was doing the same thing. The thing about that situation is, not one time did I see it posted on a forum or Facebook. If you knew about it, you kept it on the hush hush because it gave a major advantage
I remember the day they dropped the load of 61 bull tags because of the fire.
Gotta get those likes even if it means shooting yourself in the foot!!

well that fast and super easy this morning...in my cart. Can't go since the season started today and its 18 hours away but was fun to get it!

Which I just realized is now sort of pointless because this was the last one until next season at which point I certainly hope they change something about how this process works.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back