Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest Thoughts on Tents?

Have you done many overnight backpack trips?
How many nights did you spend in a tent away from the truck last year?

Not sure if this was directed at me but the answer would be many. Although most of my trips are floating rivers in the Upper Peninsula and northern Wisconsin. Only been out west a few times and that was truck camping

I offered to loan one of my 4 season tents to a friend for our trip to Adak " Birthplace of the Winds" but my friend doesn't like borrowing things so he brought an REI Half Dome. My friend is very large, about 280 lbs. and he put his backpack and rifle inside the tent. During the middle of the night there were very strong winds and he cries out to me for help. The half dome tent became a parachute that pulled up stakes and was dragging him and all his gear across the tundra and was headed towards a cliff overlooking a pond. Dome tents do not hold up well in high winds.View attachment 102247

Was simply seconding what others have suggested. Mine has treated me well, and it is in the OP's price range. Obviously I've never had one out in the tundra, the "birthplace of the winds"

Looking for a 2 person tent that can withstand any weather that might be thrown at someone hunting out west in the fall. Ideally under 200...

Thanks for suggestions!
I have been looking at Yurts on Amazon for some time now. Not as expensive as wall tents. Might be an option

Was simply seconding what others have suggested. Mine has treated me well, and it is in the OP's price range. Obviously I've never had one out in the tundra, the "birthplace of the winds"

Sorry, my eyes are terrible. I thought I read that you said that you hadn't taken it out in crummy weather. I just read it again and saw my mistake.

I just got a big agnes seedhouse 3 for early season use and summer backpacking for just over 200, so far it seems nice.
I have several friends that swear by the REI half dome and quarter dome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back