Last week a grizzly this week a Prairie rattler !!!

Ugh! I'd rather hunt in Griz country than rattlerland - 100x's over! Mixing the two? Not my cup of tea.
As once said, "Snakes, why'd it have to be snakes?!"
Side note, a few hairs just turned grey. Quote from '81...

I forgot to add I didn’t find any sheds today but I did find signs of a-holes
My pack out collection, A couple i packed out of the woods and some of them I picked up off the old BLM dirt road I was driving, people are so freaking lazy how hard is it to throw it in the freaking back of your truck bed or put it behind the seat !!!!
Mostly underage kids. They are getting rid of the evidence. Don't expect them to throw it in the back of the truck. Probable cause to have them blow if pulled over. Too bad they can't have a legal age designated garbage collector along for the party. Like maybe the guy who buys the keg can pick up the empties. He's not leaving the keg out there so he's already loaded with evidence returning to town.

The grizzly and the dark moose were both at East Glacier last weekend but the scariest encounter was with the light moose and the wolf descendant. I feared for my life getting this pic but luckily neither woke up to find me in their den...

Attachments

• grizzly.jpg
    grizzly.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 18
  • moose.jpg
    moose.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 18
  • lucy.jpg
    lucy.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 18
Back out in the field today , stopped by the OL’ Rattlesnake den , he wasn’t home , so I got his OL’ shed out from just inside his den with my trekking pole. The went to check out another piece of this BLM I was curious about

Crossing a bench to get up to where the snakes 🐍 den was
A4A50CC2-CD11-49C7-BDD3-43DA8C7E2994.jpeg

He wasn’t around so I dug out his old shed from inside the hole , I saw it in there 2 weeks ago on my encounter with him
791C27C3-D95A-48DB-8808-8677B857E6F5.jpeg

Baby deer track
8B311916-8669-4751-A548-DF486AE17A61.jpeg

A few nature pics I took today
4F1DCEB8-854B-40A5-AAC1-75A122A700FC.jpeg9B6E550C-80C2-4ADA-AE72-7742A6218541.jpegF9AFAD8E-C420-4F76-B2C4-B441C09D31D5.jpeg
5259352D-0B6D-4FEA-B843-140585C860EA.jpeg
A11818BA-FE8D-4687-A22F-44C7566C7554.jpegDD6549BA-0530-4886-A73A-4D18ADD07FA1.jpeg

While going through a 450 yd wide piece of BLM , I see a trailer of some kind ahead of me
42CD64CE-57D4-477E-AA25-6E15BAC91A9A.jpeg

The only way that rig got in there was off private, I was waking on the roadless part , that was 6 tenths of a mile long and 450 yds wide that went to a bigger piece of BLM that had a field along one edge , I was wanting to loop around the larger piece , to check it out for a possible mule deer spot in the future, there was recent quad tracks in the grass I had discovered shortly before I saw the trailer, figured it was a rancher and there was cows out in the area, but myself being all in camo with 2 pistols one for snakes and one for larger critters and no way to get past that trailer without going less than 200 yards from it , I didn’t feel comfortable because there was only one way in and one way out and I’d have to go past it twice . Since I was way out in the middle of nowhere, I didn’t wanna walk up and surprise anybody, if someone was there.

And with the way my luck’s been going lately on my last few hikes between the grizzly bears 🐻 and rattlesnakes 🐍 you knew that it was gonna be some tweakers in there with semi auto rifles cooking meth so I just decided to split. Ha ha ha ha
D55FF613-BE78-478E-BF1D-015EBDDAF4FC.gif

But the interesting find of the day was on the way out , as I closed the BLM fence , my boot kicked up some dirt and I saw a small , what appeared to be a 22 round , the smallest I’d ever seen , not a ammo guy , does anyone know do they make rounds this small
still or did I find and oldie from way back in the day ? Or is it common? Here’s the comparison with one of my 22 rounds
CBB10081-D850-46AD-99CA-269D3C022943.jpeg
3FEB2229-4778-4D85-A230-E8647EF11126.jpeg

Back out in the field today , stopped by the OL’ Rattlesnake den , he wasn’t home , so I got his OL’ shed out from just inside his den with my trekking pole. The went to check out another piece of this BLM I was curious about

Crossing a bench to get up to where the snakes 🐍 den was
View attachment 228179

He wasn’t around so I dug out his old shed from inside the hole , I saw it in there 2 weeks ago on my encounter with him
View attachment 228180

Baby deer track
View attachment 228181

A few nature pics I took today
View attachment 228182View attachment 228183View attachment 228184
View attachment 228185
View attachment 228187View attachment 228188

While going through a 450 yd wide piece of BLM , I see a trailer of some kind ahead of me
View attachment 228186

The only way that rig got in there was off private, I was waking on the roadless part , that was 6 tenths of a mile long and 450 yds wide that went to a bigger piece of BLM that had a field along one edge , I was wanting to loop around the larger piece , to check it out for a possible mule deer spot in the future, there was recent quad tracks in the grass I had discovered shortly before I saw the trailer, figured it was a rancher and there was cows out in the area, but myself being all in camo with 2 pistols one for snakes and one for larger critters and no way to get past that trailer without going less than 200 yards from it , I didn’t feel comfortable because there was only one way in and one way out and I’d have to go past it twice . Since I was way out in the middle of nowhere, I didn’t wanna walk up and surprise anybody, if someone was there.

And with the way my luck’s been going lately on my last few hikes between the grizzly bears 🐻 and rattlesnakes 🐍 you knew that it was gonna be some tweakers in there with semi auto rifles cooking meth so I just decided to split. Ha ha ha ha
View attachment 228189

But the interesting find of the day was on the way out , as I closed the BLM fence , my boot kicked up some dirt and I saw a small , what appeared to be a 22 round , the smallest I’d ever seen , not a ammo guy , does anyone know do they make rounds this small
still or did I find and oldie from way back in the day ? Or is it common? Here’s the comparison with one of my 22 rounds
View attachment 228190
View attachment 228191
Sounds like a fun hike. That’s a 22 short.

@trb
Some classic adventures in your new state!

Almost stepped on one myself today I was so distracted by my 2 month old daughter screaming her head off.View attachment 228193

**************'

Bet your flip flops are waterproof! Has to say something for their impregnability against snakes. If yours are not waterproof, I suggest you invest in these bad-boys!

keen-men-s-clearwater-cnx-sandal-black-gargoyle-7-m-us-mens-black-gargoyle-0c1b-main.jpg

Now, if they are waterproof - they MUST be snake-proof as well!

Reactions: trb
Back