Last minute Jitters

Well, a week from today me and my hunting buddy will be headed west, I just got through going through and packing everything and making sure I wasn’t forgetting anything, lol.
We have extra gear that will stay at the truck, to resupply on food and if anything fails on us.
Tomorrow, I plan on going through the truck and organizing gear, like toolbox, chains, shovel, jack, gas cans, etc.
Since we’re down to the last week home, what are some last minute checklist or to-do list that you guys have? Any suggestions on getting everything in order, for the hunt and at home? I’m just getting the excited and I’m worried I will forget something that should have been packed/ or should have been done. Thanks for all the advice and suggestions all of you have given me in the year leading up to this trip, and any last minute tips/ suggestions would be appreciated.
8226AC37-DC10-49AE-B6DA-6D4B8E0DE220.jpeg
76390685-D94A-4CB5-A87A-7210E96F5EB5.jpeg

Gonna pick a map up when I get there, hopefully. And don’t have a compass yet, that is something I need to get. Any recommendation on what’s a good compass? I haven’t used one since landnav, but that’s been 12 years ago.

Gonna pick a map up when I get there, hopefully. And don’t have a compass yet, that is something I need to get. Any recommendation on what’s a good compass? I haven’t used one since landnav, but that’s been 12 years ago.
I've hunted for 8 years in various areas without compass and map? Does it add extra security? Sure but onx and a good external battery for your phone is more than enough, also just having a general idea where the truck is

I should post a pic of my gear before I leave for montana in 2.5 weeks , most people would laugh … old beat up no name coolers , hunting cloths that are older and well used that don’t say Sitka or kuiu on them , no fancy mountain meals , no fancy anything really . Just a rifle that I can kill and elk with and some good binocs and some pillow cases that will act as game bags in a $40 pack . Pretty sure the elk don’t care .

Back